Arriflex reair depots?

Ed Sieb

I will shortly be receiving two newly purchased but used Arriflex cameras, an Arri 16BL and an Arri 16M, and will need to get them both checked out.

I need the names of reputable Arriflex repair depots in North America. Preferably, I'd like them to be in Canada, where I live, but failing that, any good repair depot in the U.S. will suffice.

Any suggestions?

• Premium Member
Tim Carroll in Chicago -- www.arri16s.com. He posts here, too. He started with 16s, but does all the older Arri's now.

-- J.S.

Thanks John,

I can do the Arriflex 16M, but I would recommend sending the Arriflex 16BL to Axel Broda. The reason being PARTS. Few if any of the parts for those cameras are made anymore and you can no longer get most of them from ARRI. I have the largest inventory of Arriflex 16M OEM parts in the US and Axel has the largest inventory of Arriflex 16BL OEM parts in the US.

If you wanted to send both cameras to Axel, he and I have a very close working relationship, and if there are any parts he needs to get the 16M up to spec, I can send them out to him straight away. He is the one who trained me, and has been "retiring" for a number of years now. If you can get both of those cameras serviced by him before he does actually quit doing this, you will have two prized possessions. He is far and away the best.

Best,

-Tim

Thanks John,

I can do the Arriflex 16M, but I would recommend sending the Arriflex 16BL to Axel Broda. The reason being PARTS. Few if any of the parts for those cameras are made anymore and you can no longer get most of them from ARRI. I have the largest inventory of Arriflex 16M OEM parts in the US and Axel has the largest inventory of Arriflex 16BL OEM parts in the US.

If you wanted to send both cameras to Axel, he and I have a very close working relationship, and if there are any parts he needs to get the 16M up to spec, I can send them out to him straight away. He is the one who trained me, and has been "retiring" for a number of years now. If you can get both of those cameras serviced by him before he does actually quit doing this, you will have two prized possessions. He is far and away the best.

Best, -Tim

Excellent. Thanks John and Tim.

Tim, I have your website bookmarked already, but don't have any contact info on you, nor contact info for Axel Broda; could I get those, please?

T I A

Ed

Edited by Ed Sieb

• Premium Member
Excellent. Thanks John and Tim.

Tim, I have your website bookmarked already, but don't have any contact info on you, nor contact info for Axel Broda; could I get those, please?

T I A

Ed

Sent you a PM.

I would recommend downloading the Arriflex 16M user manual off the web site soon. Not sure how much longer the web site is going to remain up. Traffic is way down these days, and it's costing money to run, so it may be coming down in the next few months. Nobody seems to be shooting 16mm anymore, which is a shame.

Best,

-Tim

Sent you a PM.
Got it and responded.

I would recommend downloading the Arriflex 16M user manual off the web site soon. [...] Nobody seems to be shooting 16mm anymore, which is a shame.
I know! Most have gone over to video; those who are still shooting film (for it's specific aesthetics) are shooting S16.

Not me, I'm "old school" and will stick with 1.33:1!!! ;)

...Not sure how much longer the web site is going to remain up. Traffic is way down these days, and it's costing money to run, so it may be coming down in the next few months....

Do give advance warning if you do decide to close it.

Your website has been worth a regular drool for a number of years! :)

It'll be a shame to see it go, but I can understand your reasons if it's costing you money to continue it.

• Premium Member
Do give advance warning if you do decide to close it.

Your website has been worth a regular drool for a number of years! :)

It'll be a shame to see it go, but I can understand your reasons if it's costing you money to continue it.

Ian,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you've gotten some enjoyment out of the site over these years.

Sadly all good things must eventually come to an end.

The only thing I am shooting these days is timelapse and for that I use an Arriflex 35 IIC. So I'm selling off some of the 16S equipment I used to create the site.

Currently I am selling the camera package, with the beautiful Cooke Kinetal lenses that I used to shoot those film clips.

Image1.jpg

The listing is at this link:

Arriflex 16S & Cooke Kinetal camera package

Arriflex16S.jpg

16S-2.jpg

9mm.jpg

12mm.jpg

17mm.jpg

25mm.jpg

37mm.jpg

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member
Tim, if you do take down your website, could some of the contents be re-worked as part of a permanent Arri FAQ here?

-- J.S.

John,

That sounds like a really good idea. I will have to talk to Tim about it.

Best,

-Tim

Aw man. Taking the site down?

But what about the monkey, Tim? What about the poor monkey!?!?!?

Seriously, this sucks. Pretty much everything I shoot is with my Arri S and I have gotten some solid inspiration from your expertise.

ANAMORPHIC ARRI S 16mm:

http://vimeo.com/user1072659

OTHER ARRI S CLIPS:

http://www.youtube.com/user/greatwareagle

There's a good chance I will be sending some equipment your way in the not-too-distant future to repair/tune-up.

;) Back to the original topic!!

OK - so I received the first of my two new Arris; my Arri M. Very nice!

So it looks like I'm going to need a few bits and pieces for it. I'm going to start a new thread on my Arri wants.

post-43817-1258659510.jpg

post-43817-1258659588.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...