Boese Spiele [Evil Games]

• Premium Member

Hi glas 'n' guys!

I initially wanted to wait for the second block of shooting to be done before posting any stills, but alas, there will be more delay. So here we go.

These are stills from the first block of shooting of a short film I photographed in September this year. The film is written and directed by Judith Pumberger. It's a story about a girl who is raped and then seeks revenge by kidnapping the rapist, drugging him and sending him on a wild trip.

boese_spiele_01.jpg

boese_spiele_02.jpg

boese_spiele_03.jpg

boese_spiele_04.jpg

boese_spiele_05.jpg

boese_spiele_06.jpg

boese_spiele_07.jpg

boese_spiele_08.jpg

Regards, Dave

• Premium Member
Hey Dave, looks nice. Out of curiosity, which camera? Shots 1 and 5 are pretty fantastic, says me (in fact that whole sequence 'round #5 looks damned good.. though the actress reminds me a bit too much of one of my many x g/fs....creepy.)

Hi Adrian!

Thanks. The whole thing was shot on my gaffer's HVX200. I had planned to shoot on an EX-3 but same camera fell DOWN A STAIRCASE the very day before my shoot! So thanks to my gaffer Simone for saving my rear end that day by bringing his camera! Oh and should I ask Carmen if she knows you? :D

Cheers, Dave

• Premium Member

Ha. Unless Ashley has changed her name and moved to the EU I doubt we're x's... now if you're suggesting an introduction... I can check when the next flight leaves ;)

Pitty 'bout the EX3, such a nice camera. I had a mini-heart attack recently when my EX1 nearly fell into the Atlantic. What's a gaffer doing with a camera anyway ;)

Looking forward to the final project.

• Premium Member
Pitty 'bout the EX3, such a nice camera. I had a mini-heart attack recently when my EX1 nearly fell into the Atlantic. What's a gaffer doing with a camera anyway ;)

Hm, I guess he uses it to shoot stuff. ;) I actually met him on a live concert shoot where he operated alongside me. He usually doesn't gaff, but did internships with some companies here as an electrician. And there wasn't much to do on that shoot anyways. Funny that I own about 8k worth of lighting stuff and then use so little on most shoots. Less is more!

Cheers, Dave

PS: Funny thing is that the EX-3 wasn't properly insured when it died. So they had to buy the rental guy a new camera! :D

• Premium Member
Pitty 'bout the EX3, such a nice camera.

Yes, that actually why I wanted to shoot this film with one. People telling me again and again that it was well suited for darker stuff. Never had the chance to shoot narrative with it before. And when I started shooting on the HVX I was dreadfully afraid of noise in the shadows. But it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I tried to have just a little exposure in the blacks still, hope it turns out nice in the final grading!

Regards, Dave

• Premium Member

I had a horrible time on the HVX200 (before the 200A) on one of the first things I Dp'd and havn't gone back since! Pushed me right into the loving embrace of my Sony cameras ;)

I hear the 200a and the HPX are a lot better than the HVX200, so i'd say you'll be ok. None of the blacks in the frame grabs looks particularly noisy to me, and you can crush a bit in the CC to get rid of the noise if need-be.

Here's an EX1 grab, 1080/24p HQ, Cine-4 gamma, 3200K F1.9 and either 0db gain or +3db. It works really well in low-light due to the bigger sensors.

post-12485-1259017021.jpg

• Premium Member
Here's an EX1 grab, 1080/24p HQ, Cine-4 gamma, 3200K F1.9 and either 0db gain or +3db. It works really well in low-light due to the bigger sensors.

I don't know if the camera I used was a 200a. Yeah, nice stuff. That fits what I have heard and seen so far. I love low light cinematography. I think what you DO NOT show matters at least as much as what you DO show!

Cheers, Dave

• Premium Member
the frames look nice

but it's the first time i can feel over acting in still frame from a movie

and the problem is that no cinematography will cover bad acting no matter what:(

Hi Ram,

I can relate to what you are saying. These aren't seasoned pro actors, but amateurs or beginners. So please bear with that.

@John: Thanks!

Regards, Dave