Actor vs DP & weak director

Guest Glen Alexander

Guest Glen Alexander

On one hand Bale was damn right, any DP moving lights around WHILE shooting is incompetant and not professional.

Bale should have ripped on the DP to McG NOT to the crew and in PRIVATE.

McG has no leadership skills at all from what I read. He should have immediately stepped in calmed Bale down, went to the DP in PRIVATE and absolutely ripped him a new one.

Any director who's worked with actors knows not to interfere with the eyeline, especially moving lights in the eyeline. You lock that poop down, if you're not happy wait until the next take.

Bale shouldn't have apologized, he should have went to the studio and said if you release that audio, I'll refuse to support this movie in any way. Bale is a good actor and is money in the bank to the studio suits, more than any DP or one called McG.

Edited by Glen Alexander

Bale acted like an idiot. He should have handled it a lot better. The audio didn't tell the whole story. I know Shane, I've worked with Shane and he is a complete professional. To insinuate anything else is arrogant and idiotic. I have worked on hundreds of productions and have never seen anyone act like this, even in the coke induced music videos of the 80's.

David, what was the family feud again? Something with his mom or something? I love a good fight.

Edited by Tom Jensen

Tearing the DP a new one is one thing, but during his tirade didn't Bale say he was going to kick the DP's ass (dammit, now I've got that part of the remix stuck in my head)? That's over the line.

Shane's a farm boy. They don't rollover and play dead all that often. Christian might have his hands full with that one, no matter how much he barks.

Guest Glen Alexander
Shane's a farm boy. They don't rollover and play dead all that often. Christian might have his hands full with that one, no matter how much he barks.

In the audio, he was completely a puss.

Guest Glen Alexander
Bale acted like an idiot. He should have handled it a lot better. The audio didn't tell the whole story. I know Shane, I've worked with Shane and he is a complete professional. To insinuate anything else is arrogant and idiotic. I have worked on hundreds of productions and have never seen anyone act like this, even in the coke induced music videos of the 80's.

David, what was the family feud again? Something with his mom or something? I love a good fight.

Bale is not an idiot, dumbkopf. Have you ANY clue what emotional state Bale needed to be in for the scene no you don't, you weren't on the set arschloche.

Shane is NOT a professional, I've read and head stories that he is ALWAYS moving and adjusting lights while the fcuking cameras are ROLLING, that is completely UNPROFESSIONAL. Before a scene you LOCK IT DOWN, shoot, ADJUST,next take, etc...

Maybe you're still back in the drug induced 80's, maybe you don't realize is 2009. I doubt the talent you were involved with come close to Bale's.

Va te faire enculer.

Bale is not an idiot, dumbkopf. Have you ANY clue what emotional state Bale needed to be in for the scene no you don't, you weren't on the set arschloche.

Shane is NOT a professional, I've read and head stories that he is ALWAYS moving and adjusting lights while the fcuking cameras are ROLLING, that is completely UNPROFESSIONAL. Before a scene you LOCK IT DOWN, shoot, ADJUST,next take, etc...

Maybe you're still back in the drug induced 80's, maybe you don't realize is 2009. I doubt the talent you were involved with come close to Bale's.

Va te faire enculer.

Shane is a member of the ASC and has been in the industry for some time

the guy is professional,he just made a mistake

Ive also read those stories saying shane is a light tweaker, but most of those stories come from christian bale fanboys who are just spreading rumors about shane.

Va te faire enculer.

Shane (is) a professional (obviously). He was just a bit lax or self involved and got bit by Talent. It happens. I feel Bale had a right to take a piss but that in no way lessens Shane's professionalism. It was just one of those days. If you can't take the heat, stay off the Set!

Va te faire enculer.

You have done nothing and you are a nobody. Go back to the student forum where you belong. You don't even belong there. "Va te faire enculer?" If you are man enough to say that to my face, get in touch with me when you come to the states. Dumkopf, Arschloce? What have you ever done you arrogant, pompous, fool? Nothing. You're giving the French a bad name.

Edited by Tom Jensen

Va te faire enculer.

Excuse my obvious lack of imagination - but where did all this come from exactly ?

What has 2009 got to do with anything ?

Most people are tolerant when it comes to forums - the carte blanche anonymity of it all - but you've gone over the line and you don't have the excuse of the required 'emotional state' for this little performance...

Va te faire enculer.

THAT is the most stupid, unprofessional, dumb thing I have heard here. How can you insult people like that? I'm not surprised if you think what Bale said is normal then. We can complain about people but respect is the most important thing (I think) on a set and there are no reasons to insult people during a shooting, and here neither. And if you're not open-minded enough to think that everything doesn't have to be locked down well, that's your problem. But Shane's an ASC member and has done some great work before. If he moved the lights when it was rolling it's just because he was thinking that it was the best thing to do at this moment. And Bale's an actor, I guess no sound engineer told him how to act. Saying Shane is not professional is just stupid. Who are you to say that?

But anyway, the point is not there. I'm really sorry for you Tom, we usually don't say words like that in France. I won't translate exactly what it means but I guess you know it. Those words are so violent they have nothing to do here, especially on this forum where people are usually so kind and helpful.