Visuals for music - Bladerunner/Kubrick

Brad Hodgson

Hey all,

Haven't posted here in awhile... I started a new music project. If you have any time, please visit the link below to download the audio-only version of our album for free:

http://biarchy.com/download.htm

Burn it, share it... hopefully you enjoy the music. If not, you can trash it.

If you do like the music, and you have the desire/time to create a video/animation to the music, check the Tasks page for info. We are asking users to create visual interpretations that will be projected in live shows/installations and featured videos will be released on a medial collective disc in the near future.

Otherwise, enjoy the album for free.

Featured on front page of SPIN magazine's media web:

SPIN

or direct link:

Spin Earth Biarchy

Another writeup from our city magazine:

Pitch

Upcoming feature on Swedish torrent site Waffles:

Waffles.fm

Thanks for reading,

Brad

biarchy.com

biarchy.com/myspace

post-15592-1260126043.jpg

'What the hell'?

'Blade Runner' was based on Philip K. Dick's novel 'Do Androids Deram of Electric Sheep?'.

Surely eveyone knows that.

So it's a fair point from a purist.

Yes, everyone knows what the novel was called.

The correct title for the movie, is what the movie is called, not what the novel was called.

We are asking users to create visual interpretations that will be projected in live shows/installations and featured videos will be released on a medial collective disc in the near future.

I've listened to some of it so far. I like it. Reminds me of Boards of Canada / Autechre / Aphex Twin (AFX) and artists from the Border Community label.

I am considering making something for one of the tracks.

If you do like the music, and you have the desire/time to create a video/animation to the music, check the Tasks page for info. We are asking users to create visual interpretations that will be projected in live shows/installations and featured videos will be released on a medial collective disc in the near future.

Hi Brad,

As I'm sure you know there is a fair amount of work that goes into both video and animation as well as designing a look. So just to be clear is there any pay involved or are you looking for someone who wants to build their portfolio.

Thanks,

Tom

The problem with calling the movie the "Blade Runner" is that it does not convey what the movie is about which concerns androids and not only that but are they human and can they dream? However if the movie is called only by the title of the novel then one has no idea about what the movie is also about which is a "Blade Runner" or a type of bounty hunter.

Hi Brad,

As I'm sure you know there is a fair amount of work that goes into both video and animation as well as designing a look. So just to be clear is there any pay involved or are you looking for someone who wants to build their portfolio.

Thanks,

Tom

I myself had assumed no pay; more for building a portfolio. I also took this as the right to use the music in a film of my own. Although I suppose problems can arise.

So is there carte blanche with the music you've provided?

Hi Brad,

Thanks,

Tom

Hey Tom,

Yea, at this point, I can't pay unfortunately... believe me, I would love to as I work as a motion designer and know how much work can be involved with projects. I'm hoping that may change... as we finalize label support. At this point, we're hoping that releasing the album for free will get some people involved who really like the music... even if it's just an archival footage mash-up or an existing project sitting in a back corner that could be reinterpreted...

And if not, that's okay, too... just sharing the music with people who might be interested is totally appreciated as well.

Brad

I myself had assumed no pay; more for building a portfolio. I also took this as the right to use the music in a film of my own. Although I suppose problems can arise.

So is there carte blanche with the music you've provided?

Hey Keneu,

Glad you're interested and very glad you like the music! Sure you can use it in a film... we've tried to make the legal as lenient as possible... for non-commercial purpose, you can use it however you like (credit appreciated obviously)... obviously if that turned into a commercial venture, we'd need to figure out details... but we're just as eager to get more people hearing the music and creating visuals for it.

Thanks!

Brad

The problem with calling the movie the "Blade Runner" is that it does not convey what the movie is about which concerns androids and not only that but are they human and can they dream? However if the movie is called only by the title of the novel then one has no idea about what the movie is also about which is a "Blade Runner" or a type of bounty hunter.

This is only a problem in your head. Now go back to sleep.

• Premium Member

Chrissake; how many movie titles do you know that actually directly tell you what the movie is about:

Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Solaris, Beaches, The King and I, The Wizard of Oz, 2001 A space Odyssey, Young Man With a Horn, Top Gun, 2012, District 9, Knowing, Amelle, Pale Rider, My Name is Trinity, Desperado, Mad Max, Terminator, and countless thousand other titles.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Only in New Zealand as far as I know...