Arri SRII exposure time w. Timelapse Unit

konstantin smola

• Premium Member
I wondered what the exposure time would be on my SRII when I use the Cinematography Electronics Timelapse unit. Couldn't find the info on the CE website.

Thanks,

regards

It's either 1/3rd of a second or 1/4th of a second, can't remember off the top of my head, but with the C.E. Intervalometer and ARRI cameras, it is always one or the other of those two. To use the C.E. Intervalometer on your SRII, you need to have a modification done to the camera (if it has not been done already).

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member
On the subject of the CE speed control with Night Glow. According to their website, it looks like they charge about $4000 for the speed control with night glow and installation.

Am I reading this correctly?

Here's the website with prices:

http://www.cinematographyelectronics.com/index_price.html

Keneu,

We were talking about the Cinematography Electronics Intervalometer which is used for timelapse work.

You are referring to the Cinematography Electronics Speed Control with Night Glow, which is a whole different thing. The way I read the CE web page you link to is that the Cinematography Electronics Speed Control with Night Glow for the Arriflex 16SR or 16SRII would run almost $6500, when you add all the prices together, plus the installation charges.

They do make excellent equipment though, just a little pricey.

Best,

-Tim

With the CE unit you are stuck with predetermined Exposure Times. With he Norris, however, you can do whatever you want. I often do 15 second exposures! You can't do that with the CE. Also the Norris takes all the stress off your Camera's Motor. Gotta love the Norris. :wub:

post-31017-1262179177.png

post-31017-1262179191.png

Thanks guys! It's 1/3 second.

30 December 2009

Dear Mr. Smola:

The single frame exposure time is 1/3 second with 180 degree shutter angle on the Arriflex 16SR-2 HS.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Best regards,

Marilyn Beswick

CINEMATOGRAPHY ELECTRONICS, INC.

5321 Derry Avenue

Suite G

Agoura Hills, CA 91301

USA

PH (818) 706-3334

FAX (818) 706-3335

E-MAIL: info@CinemaElec.com

www.CinematographyElectronics, Inc.