Kodachrome II

Given that almost no commercial laboratory could manage to process it, even when Kodak was forced to release the formulae some years ago, I'd say that the answer is that almost no-one would know how you could process Kodachrome II.

• Site Sponsor
Given that almost no commercial laboratory could manage to process it, even when Kodak was forced to release the formulae some years ago, I'd say that the answer is that almost no-one would know how you could process Kodachrome II.

I think www.filmrescue.com will runt it as B&W with a disclaimer that you have a 50/50 chance that any picture will come out.

-Rob-

• Premium Member
They only run modern Kodachrome the KodachromeII stuff is '70's or early '80's and totally different chemistry and Dwaine's can't run it.

I guess my comment about a time machine was too obtuse, "current" Kodakchrome is K64, K40 etc. Kodachrome Ii is the older version which probaly went out before 1970. I just got one of my Families Regular 8 Movies, I find a roll of Kodachrome II (KR459)with a dev before of Dec 1965 and a roll of Kodachrome Type A (KA459) Dev Before DEC 1960 Even stranger some Kodachrome Daylight Dev Before Aug 1959 is K369 not 459

The one roll that still has a price sticker on the box was CDN$ 3.59 including processing

This place will also run it for B&W results:

http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/kiimovie.htm

The current process (now obsolete) is K-14, earlier processes had names like K-12, etc.

Kodachrome II film ended in 1977 apparently.

I recently, on another web forum, recommended Rocky Mountain for processing old Kodachrome but they were rather slated by other correspondents.

Other places recommended were:

http://www.filmrescue.com/

Pro 8 in Burbank

I don't know or had experience of any of these companies (including Rocky Mountain) but thought I would mention it.

Brian

I contacted Rocky Mountain some years ago about getting some very old neg put through an ECN1 process.They quoted me to do it, but warned that it might take several months.

Apparently they wait until they have enough of any given film type to make it worth making up the chemicals. If you are the first one on the bus it could be a long wait - or you could be lucky.

• 3 weeks later...