Does every out of work celeb automatically qualify for a reality show now?

James Steven Beverly

What is this, some kind of welfare for the marginally well known? It seems like EVERY one who has ever known 15 minutes of fame is now roping friends and family into a borefest of pushed confrontation, embarrassment and annoying sappy rivers of syrupy sentimentality that would give a chocolate bunny diabetes. The Judds, The Braxtons, Gene feakin' Simmons, Wasn't Ozzy enough punishment for anyone, I mean if you're THAT masochistic go get a gimp suit and have some hairy 300 pound guy hang you from the ceiling overnight in a gibbet cage. Does anyone else find this trend in "entertainment" a bit pathetic? :blink:

Does anyone else find this trend in "entertainment" a bit pathetic? :blink:

Who do you blame more, the producers or the audience?

R,

How does a great show like Arrested Development get cancelled, whilst that piece of pond scum of a show Dancing With The Stars soldiers on to its 87th season?

Clearly the majority of VIEWERS outvoted me :(

R,

R,

I blame it on the food additives in Doritos and YooHoo which MUST cause brain damage because otherwise why would you WATCH this crap.

I'll tell ya one thing I find astonishing and hilarious at the same time is that it's called "Reality" TV. Like there is a SHRED of reality in it. That footage is more manipulated than Pam Andersen's boobs. Someone once said the camera lies at 24 frames per second but since this garbage is all shot on video, it lies at 60 frames a second. I mean have people become so detached they can only feel good about themselves by watching someone else in pain pushed to the edge of absurdity, Hey my life sucks but at least I've not locked in a knock down drag out pissing fight 24/7. Wow <_<

60 frames a second.

More like 60 fields. :)

Hey my life sucks but at least I've not locked in a knock down drag out pissing fight 24/7. Wow <_<

So that's why these shows are so popular with film industry workers!

R,

• 4 weeks later...

GOOD LORD!!! NOW even Dee Snider, the ORIGINAL Twisted Sister before The Kardashians got famous for absolutely NO reason what so ever, has his own reality series. We ain't gonna take it should be the theme song for everything happening in the USA right now and now I wonder if it shouldn't start with celebs trying to resurrect their waning wrecked career by subjecting their entire family to the humiliation and distorted perception of their private lives. The only positive thing is surprisingly, Christ didn't come today and scoop up all the religious nuts and carry them off to heaven.....or is that actually a positive thing, maybe is whoulda been nice if he taken those guys and left the rest of us simi-normal people here. :D

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

R,

Audience! This reality shows would get canceled if people would stop watching it. It's a shame some brilliant tv shows have lower viewer ratings than reality shows.

Audience! This reality shows would get canceled if people would stop watching it. It's a shame some brilliant tv shows have lower viewer ratings than reality shows.

I completely agree. It's always the audience because that's where the money is. Blame the people, not the TV networks.

• 3 weeks later...