New 35mm digital camera from P+S Technik?

• Premium Member

That's my guess. You have to wonder what "K" they will market this as too, not that it matters much. Their reputation with quality has me interested. I've used the SI2K a couple of times and liked their housing engineering on that one. On thing is for sure, it'll be built like a tank but hopefully close in size to the F3. Hopefully they will have a real demo set up.

Cine Gear is always a good time. I ended up bumping into Daniel Pearl, among others, at lunch last time. Now if only the classes weren't so pricey.

• Premium Member

It (Prores option) would be fine for indie features too. I just started doing some quick color passes from "Plan 9", which I shot on the F3 to a KiPro mini on Prores and we are very happy we went this route; so simple and clean. The thing about Cineform is forcing the editing chain to buy it. For small films, it's a hassle and some people don't want to pay out for something they may not use again. This happened when I used the Si2K on one. I think the editor ended up spending a $1000 extra on his personal suite just to keep up. He did really like the quality though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...