Mission: Impossible – The Ghost Protocol

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from seeing it at the BFI. Really enjoyed it - especially the IMAX sequences.

Quick question though, there were a few shots, in particular the establishing shots in Mumbai at the docks that to me looked vastly different. They looked so grainy and soft. Did anyone else notice this or have an explanation for it? There were a few other shots throughout the film that aesthetically looked so different to the rest of the film that it "pulled me out of the experience". I was thinking that maybe it happened when it switched from super sharp imax footage to non imax, and so in comparison, of course it's going to look different.

Was worth the money just for the Batman prologue though. goosebumps.

• 1 month later...

Just came back from seeing it at the BFI. Really enjoyed it - especially the IMAX sequences.

Quick question though, there were a few shots, in particular the establishing shots in Mumbai at the docks that to me looked vastly different. They looked so grainy and soft. Did anyone else notice this or have an explanation for it? There were a few other shots throughout the film that aesthetically looked so different to the rest of the film that it "pulled me out of the experience". I was thinking that maybe it happened when it switched from super sharp imax footage to non imax, and so in comparison, of course it's going to look different.

Was worth the money just for the Batman prologue though. goosebumps.

Some folks complained about the IMAX sequences in TDK saying it also took them out of the movie. However personally I loved those shots. I was pleased when they announced that the IMAX scenes would be left on the Blu-ray.

• 2 weeks later...