Our Super 8mm Feature

One World Sudios

Hey Guys,

We wanted to say hello and post some information about our upcoming Ouija movie "I Am ZoZo", it was our first narrative and our first film shot on film. If anyone needs advice on shooting 18,000ft of Super8mm we're happy to give it!

Kodak InCamera article about the I Am ZoZo production.

We played it off a Blu-ray in Santa Monica at the Laemmle and were very happy how it looked scanned at full HD. Additionally, the film just won both the Best Feature and Audience Choice awards at the United States Super 8 Film Festival so we're really pleased at how things are coming together.

Here's a screenshot and the first online teaser. Thanks!

Stay independent,

Zack and Scott

ouija-movie-sunset.jpg

I Am ZoZo screencap. Reduced to 640x360 for posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFIpSq2_iOA

Edited by One World Sudios

hah! I read about you guys in that Kodak magazine a few months ago - really great to see you're trying something ambitious

who did you go to for HD telecine? + how did it work out in pricing?

Hey Niall,

We used Alpha in Seattle for the processing, Lightpress studios in Seattle for the scanning and Eric Rosen (also of Lightpress) did the color on his DaVinci system. They were very good to us on pricing and terms, I think it was about a buck a foot all in.

These numbers may or may not be accurate now (we wrapped just over a year ago), so please don't say "Zack told me this is the price!" haha. But it was something like $300 per hour for transfer @ 3:1, $125 per hour file capture @ 1:1, ProRes File management $0.50 per GB, Uncompressed File Management $1 per GB, and SR archiving at $100 per hour @ 1:1.

Gang, I have viewed this film. And let me say, they deserve major congratulations for their efforts. I have written a review for IMDB.com and hope to have a chance to talk with the director and producer of this film soon. They were both super awesome in person.

Well done, gents. Well done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076223/

Scroll down for my positive review.

Gang, I have viewed this film. And let me say, they deserve major congratulations for their efforts. I have written a review for IMDB.com and hope to have a chance to talk with the director and producer of this film soon. They were both super awesome in person.

Well done, gents. Well done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076223/

Scroll down for my positive review.

Hey Matt,

It was a pleasure meeting you in Jersey! Thanks for the insightful review, really glad you enjoyed the film.

Stay independent,

Zack

ouija-movie-production-1-600px.jpg

Action shot from I Am ZoZo

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!

What kind of camera did you use, and was is stock or modified in any way?

Thanks Benjamin! Matt is correct, we actually started with three 1014-XLS cameras and had them turned into two nicely working ones. We had both of those crystal-synced, which were the only modifications made to them. We shot single-camera and had one in the bag as a back up. The stock was the new Vision3 200T from Kodak and Lightpress did the awesome HD scans for us. Eric Rosen of Lightpress was also our DaVinci colorist.

Screencaps:

ouija-movie-production-lighting2.jpg

ouija-movie-production-lighting3.jpg

ouija-movie-production-lighting4.jpg

ouija-movie-production-lighting5.jpg

Behind the scenes:

ouija-movie-production-lighting.jpg

crew-sunset-zozo-600px.jpg

From the Ouija movie I Am ZoZo.

Edited by One World Sudios

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I second the request to see it. any dvds or Blu Ray?

I second the request to see it. any dvds or Blu Ray?

Hey Guys,

Sorry didn't realize these posts were here! We're in the final stages of buttoning up the film for distribution and have started an IndieGoGo campaign to get the word out, replicate DVDs/Blu-rays and arrange more screenings. (We're offering DVDs/Blu-ray as a perk.) Please enjoy the short Making-of video we put together for the campaign, and let us know what you think. Thanks for the support!

Ouija movie IndieGoGo campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lp9yuwhGM8