Frezzi-Cordless LW-16

bearcub

Hey everyone, I have a Frezzi-Cordless LW-16 with a 12-120 2.2 zoom Angenieux-zoom lens. I live in Philly, so I thought about taking this to Camera Service Co in NYC to get looked over. It runs fun when attached to a battery belt, but who knows if it's still crystal synced.

Is it even worth running? I wanna shoot a short on it, but maybe I should put the money toward an Eclair which is a million times easier to load. Get a look at the inside of this beast...

• Premium Member

Is it even worth running? I wanna shoot a short on it, but maybe I should put the money toward an Eclair which is a million times easier to load.

Hundreds of TV news Camera Folks shot a lot of footage with Cameras like this. The design was taken from the Bach Auricon, and sometimes most of the parts! In good shape it should be smooth and steady. The Filmagnetic Head is no longer useful as you generally can't get pre-striped stock any more. and the camera does not have a provision for an Optical recording unit. Should be easy to get onto loading the beast.

Shoot a test on reversal and project it, if you can. That will tell you a lot for not very much. If it has a socket marked 'pilotone' or similar, or which isn't the power lead, then it probably doesn't have crystal sync. Others will tell you about that.