Newbie looking for guidance.

• Premium Member

Just played with Compact blackmagic @ Cinegear. Mean, it's TINY. like Sony NEX7 sized, give or take. And while it was just a beta, and a little wonky especially with the Lumix 14mm on it, for the price, I have to say it's far better than any DSLR I've seen.

I am a bit worried about heat on it. The body was a bit warm to the touch and fitting it into any kind of rug will require about another $1K in investment for mountings... but..Very nice little system.

Feels solid in the hand too, not plasticy at all. Very similar to the Cinema Camera BMD brought out which was all 'round the show (well not as all 'round as Alexas and go pros, but making a showing at least. )

Canon 50D looks like an alarmingly good deal right now. Wonder if they'll get them doing 1080?

Yeah if I was more flush I'd get one just to play with!

Hey this is my cue! Thanks Phil!

http://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/768-is-this-the-cheapest-raw-video-capable-camera-yet

Also be sure to check out Phils "film vs digital" article and leave him a comment:

http://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/711-film-vs-digital-here-s-the-reality

:)

Freya

I am a bit worried about heat on it. The body was a bit warm to the touch and fitting it into any kind of rug will require about another $1K in investment

Covert filming? A production of the phoenix and the carpet? Not surprised you are worried about the heat, especially out there in LA!

I'm still excited about the pocket! It just gets so many things right! :)

Freya