Detailed breakdown of classic 35mm Arri IIC camera by Dom Jaeger

Nicholas Kovats

• Premium Member

Bravo Dom! Excellent presentation! It also brought back great memories. I used the 2C for many years and loved the simplicity of that camera. And thank you for sharing this Nicholas.

G

Edited by Gregory Irwin
  • Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Thanks everyone. :)

Gregg, I'm not familiar enough with ACLs to cover that camera properly, sorry. Plus I'm trying not to take work away from any techs who may still make a living from this. I figure the 2C is an old enough dame that nobody will mind, and she's pretty simple mechanically.

Greg, you've certainly moved on and up from the humble 2C, but still shooting a lot of film I notice! I'm very much looking forward to Interstellar! Thanks again for the kind words.

• Upvote 1

• Premium Member

Another meticulous and through blog article by Dom Jaeger detailing his inspection of the classic 35mm Arriflex IIC motion picture camera from 1942 serial #700.

http://cinetinker.blogspot.ca/2014/04/arriflex-35-iic.html

I should mention the service I'm detailing was not done on our museum 1942 Arriflex 35 (which is the very first model just shown for comparison) but a much later IIC from around the late 60s. The IIC was manufactured from 1964 to 1978 and is I believe the most common Arriflex film camera around.

Sorry for the confusion Nicholas!

• Upvote 1

No problem, Don. Your labour of love shines through. I am chomping at the bit as per the request above. So many beautiful machines. Too little time. By the way, I have a forthcoming world debut of some quite spectacular 1950/60's small format tech. Actually two for one as there is a larger format component.