Alternative Stock Sources for USA Buyers

Mark Sperry

I'm looking to try out some of the new films coming out of Wittner and Adox but they're hard to find in the USA from normal sources. B&H is only special order, up to 14 days. Are there any reliable sources for some non-Kodak Super 8 films? I don't want to use any services that have the processing built in because I send everything to Cinelab for xfer.

I know wittnerchrome got a bad wrap but I kinda liked it!

Dwaynesphoto dot com in Parsons, Kansas sell the Wittner AGFA 200D in Super 8mm. Freestyle Film Sales in California sell various films, Adox, Fomapan(only in Double 8mm, DS8mm, & 16mm) etc. They list ADOX Super 8mm at $30.99. John Schwind of International Film Brokers in Dixon, California also sells various hard to get filmstocks. He lists AGFA 200D for Super 8mm, also the KODAK stocks. There are others, but these three come to mind in addition to your mentioning of B&H Photo. Dwaynes Photo processes it for only $12, can't beat that anywhere! Good luck and have fun.

• Premium Member

We run all types of B&W

Good to know! Even the crazy Fomapan? I tried that once and got the most bizarre brownish nasty processing...don't remember where I sent it since it was like 8 years ago but I later found out it was a special B&W process.

Hate to send you just one roll of regular 8, I'll try to get some more together before shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Who's left that can process B&W regular 8mm film? Maybe Spectra?

Just finished a reel and realized I don't know where to send it. Dwayne's for E6 of course, but not clear on B&W regular 8mm...

Plattsburgh Photographic Services still processes Double 8mm format film as well. I love the B&W and it can also be Sepia tone processed as well. I'm a tiny lab, so try to support the machine using labs as if they don't get enough work, they will have to close and too many are gone already.