Want to bid on a cinematographer?

Max Jacoby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There is one available on Ebay:

Maybe it`s not a joke. Then, it`s not funny. I know enough cameramen and DP`s who must invent alternatives to their jobs to survive - here in europe. Maybe in the states are better conditions.... And, it´s not always and only a question of beeing good or bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Maybe it`s not a joke. Then, it`s not funny. I know enough cameramen and DP`s who must invent alternatives to their jobs to survive - here in europe. Maybe in the states are better conditions.... And, it´s not always and only a question of beeing good or bad.

Soravia,

Was that you?

Dimitrios Koukas

• Premium Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5582636441&rd=1

I am not sure which model it is though...

The Model number is the "Bender 203" (his eBay screen name). I think he may have been over-selling his credentials, though. Here is a list of the film industry "Benders" and only one cinematographer, Frank Bender:

http://imdb.com/find?q=bender;s=nm

who shot 5 movies in 1934-35 including "Lightning Bill" or rather "Lighting Bill" hailed at the time as:

An amazing display of film-making ineptitude. You know you are in trouble when from the very start you see the title is misspelled as `Lighting Bill' (the daring adventures of a grip out west?).

The lighting is bad, the sound is bad, crew members wander onto camera! Amazing!

It might be him, but he'd be getting up there by now. It's tough to make a good movie.

• 2 weeks later...