Light Bulb Storage?

I usually carry an extra bag with me onset with my spare light bulbs incase a bulb on one of my current lights goes out. Then I will have a replacement to put in immediately. Currently I just put them in a duffle bag but it's not very safe and I fear if I drop the bag or bumble something I'll break some bulbs. I was curious what other options are and what other people use to transport their bulbs around in a more secure and safe fashion? It's important to me that it's portable.

• Premium Member

I keep 150W metal halide in little screw-top jars, wrapped in a bit of foam. They only just fit, so size carefully.

The foam isn't enough to keep them from all harm, I lost a few when a case was dropped two feet onto the ground, but it helps.

P

• Premium Member

Milk crates usually in their original boxes stacked nicely as can be, and put back in their proper box (i try to hide the box for it with the bulb wherever it lives and the original bulb, if any, in the box.

I have 3 crates currently, 1 for "film bulbs" e.g. PH212 PH213 etc in "tungsten," 1 for Incandescent/Halogen Replacements from your typical hardware store, and 1 for "daylight" bulbs, from Cree LEDs to BCAs and those Kino CFLs.

Other bulbs, like Mogul based 500w and 1000w which I don't usually use will often live with whatever light they're going into. Though I am starting to pick up more and will probably make a crate for them.