Pathe Webo BTL 16mm camera,

Pavan Deep

I am getting a Pathe Webo BTL 16mm camera, I have no idea yet if it works, or if the exposure system works and whether the pellicle is broken. Does anybody know how to take this camera apart?

Thanks

Pav

post-15128-0-77646900-1500980920_thumb.jpg

• Premium Member

I do.

Hate the things. Full of pitfalls for technicians, even trained ones.

Just lousy design. I shouldn’t touch it but rather look at a Beaulieu R 16 or other.

Paillard-Bolex H-16 RX, CP-16 R, . . .

• Premium Member

I am getting a Pathe Webo BTL 16mm camera, I have no idea yet if it works, or if the exposure system works and whether the pellicle is broken. Does anybody know how to take this camera apart?

you should first test briefly if it's working or not, and IF it is working somewhat correctly, then you can determine how much adjustment and service it would need to fit your purposes (if you for example shoot a roll or two per month you probably don't need as careful overhaul to it than a person shooting dozens of rolls per week...)

if there is anything wrong with it other than some very minor problems (like light meter not working which is quite insignificant for most shooters because they are using separate meter anyway) it probably is not worth repairing but can be a great display piece instead, or used as a prop in period short films.

...never take a camera apart without first knowing what problems to look for...