Polaroid Originals launch - good for cinematographers?

Stephen Perera

• Premium Member

Interesting comeback of Polaroid launching Polaroid Originals - new film for new cameras and legacy models....are there any romantics out there who will use Polaroids again to check light setups, composition etc.....or maybe to catalogue the process of your work? I always used to shoot it with my Hasselblad back in the day....seeing that image come out is still magical!!!

Edited by Stephen Perera

Doesn't it take an hour before the chemicals fully set in? I don't see how that'd be practical for checking light setups. Also I've maybe only seen 5 Polaroid cameras in my life but I don't recall any of them having manual lens or shutter adjustments.

The resurgence of vinyl was pinned as a "hipster" trend, however there are concrete advantages to vinyl. Polaroid feels exclusively a "hipster" trend.

• Premium Member

Its for sure a hipster product. It's cool for continuity on set but other then that, I don't see much benefit when we have iPhones today that can show us everything in real time, with different focal lengths and even have a built in light meter.