EL pistol grip

tom lombard

http://bolexh16user.net/ElectricPistolGrip.htm has some info on the pistol grip indicating an updated model for the EL being in black but I'm not seeing any indication if there are other, EL specific changes. Would the non-black one also work on the EL? I'm interested specifically for functionality of holding & triggering the EL. The added ability to zoom would be a nice plus.

• 1 month later...

I have another question on the EL hand grip but thought I'd put it here rather than create a new thread and, maybe, get everything answered at once :) I see mention of a quick attachment disk in looking for information. Is this a separate piece? I may have found the grip I need but the top of the grip isn't clear in the photos I have access to. If there may be a piece missing, I'm likely to pass on the purchase. Unless someone knows the part I'm asking about and would know where I could find one if it's missing. I'd also welcome hearing from someone that may have the electric grip for an EL that they would be willing to sell. Thanks.

I missed out and this is the second time it's happened to me. Photos/info unclear so I take the time to ask the seller a couple of questions. By the time I get an answer (and would gladly have purchased), somebody else bought it now. This, being just a grip, isn't painful but I still shed tears over missing out on an XTR Plus. I've experienced purchasing something too quickly in the past and have learned from it but the lesson comes with a cost. Thanks for your offer!

I missed out and this is the second time it's happened to me. Photos/info unclear so I take the time to ask the seller a couple of questions. By the time I get an answer (and would gladly have purchased), somebody else bought it now. This, being just a grip, isn't painful but I still shed tears over missing out on an XTR Plus. I've experienced purchasing something too quickly in the past and have learned from it but the lesson comes with a cost. Thanks for your offer!

I missed out on an Eclair ACL 1.2 for $300 the other day for exactly the same reasons.

I saw the XTR Plus, the seller told me he'd take $3500 for it but I still didn't feel like I was ready to spend the dough, since I have two amazing NPRs. Well after that, Tyler pointed out some problems he saw in the photos so I felt better about not investing. And after that, I had a major financial loss (which is why I'm now selling the Techniscope camera), so sometimes disappointing things that happen can be beneficial in the long run.

• 2 months later...

I pulled the trigger on the purchase of a real nice, complete with disk, pistol grip. Unfortunately I was not aware that there is an electrical difference in them in that I need one for an EL with built in motor (3 pin wiring) and the one I purchased was for use with Perfectone and MST external motor (2 pin wiring). I'll likely keep this one while I continue my search for the EL grip in case I find one that doesn't have the release disk. I could always sell this one without the disk. Or I'd entertain a sale or swap if anyone is in need of this.

Thanks. I thought of trying something like that but assumed the third pin to the camera wasn't getting provided "something" from the missing third pin from the handle. I'll get a couple of the connectors (because I'll certainly mess up on my first attempt) and get going on this.

Mine is the earlier EL. It's not with me right now but do believe it is the 3 pin. What would that third pin trigger? Something for sound or clapper? Single frame? Just curious more than anything as just triggering the camera is all I'm needing. Thanks

solder one wire to pin 1 of the Tuchel and the other to pin 2.

I did get some connectors ordered & hope to have this wired next weekend. Does it make a difference which wire goes to 1 and which to 2? I suspect not as it looks like the existing 2 pins could be inserted either way.

I did get some connectors ordered & hope to have this wired next weekend. Does it make a difference which wire goes to 1 and which to 2? I suspect not as it looks like the existing 2 pins could be inserted either way.

If it's just a switch, no.