gel over light (not lens) to correct Vision3 500T to daylight.....

• Premium Member

Hi all.....I am prepping a project and to cut a long story short my key light colour temp measures 4900k without reflectors and 4600k with a basic reflector (manufacturer claims 5000k) ....what gel should I stick over it to use with Vision3 500T.

Wratten #85B corrects 5500k to 3200k.....so as my light measures from 4600 to 4900k should I use that or is the is the user 1000k difference small?

also, can anyone recommend a particular manufacture and set of gels to buy for lights

As for manufacturer I guess Lee or Roscoe? Their's are really the only two I've come in contact with and everyone says good things about them.

Now with the potential color temp inaccuracy, will your film be hitting digital color grading or all done analog? Davinci Resolve can usually save me when my color temp is off by around 1000k.

hi all....film will be scanned and edited etc in DaVinci by me....yes I have Rosco and Lee myself already but the ones in question

Mireds are additive, so you may be able to get near 95 mired with the CTOs you already have. But mixed lighting is more of a problem than a CT that's a bit off.

Edited by Mark Dunn