Make me an offer: Eiki EX-1500 16mm projector

Phil Rhodes

• Premium Member

post-29-0-15610400-1530089321_thumb.jpg

Don't you just love the "Elf-Lite" branding?

This is a large, serious 16mm projector, with a 300W Xenon short arc lamp. It was bought by a government-run venue to run 16mm film on a screen that usually ran 35, so it had to be powerful. Regrettably, it has been sitting in storage since they went to digital projection about a decade ago. It worked when last used; it certainly needs some replacement belts. Belt sets are available on eBay for £15.

Otherwise it appears to be in good condition with the projector mechanism and Xenon ballast intact. It is complete with three projection lenses, including a variable prime to accommodate different screen sizes and throw distances. A rewind bench is supplied, as is a slightly jury-rigged but effective long-play unit capable of taking larger reels. The two pictured reels are included, as is the stand, though one of the legs is missing.

The projector is located about 35 miles northeast of London. The mechanism, and particularly the separate ballast unit, are very, very heavy, and would probably be costly to ship; shipping is therefore at cost.

These things sell for a variety of prices depending on moment-to-moment demand. Frankly I'm more interested in it going to a good home.

post-29-0-24816700-1530089353_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-06126100-1530089586_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-91882900-1530089624_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-29232300-1530089664_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-28130800-1530089864_thumb.jpg

I've been looking for a 16mm projector for awhile and it would be wonderful to find that locally. I looked up some specs on it and looks like over 50kgs (100lbs) so would be costly indeed to ship it to midUSA. I'm gonna continue to drool over the pics though.

• Premium Member

To answer a question I've had, no, there's no speaker with it. I'm not aware we ever had a speaker for it. It was purchased used through a dealer and I don't think it had a speaker at that stage, though there's certainly various audio I/O options.

P

• 4 years later...