Anybody selling Double Perf 16mm for D8?

Andrew Glenn Miller

• Premium Member

Kodak no longer mass produces any camera film with double perf. It's been the way for a long time, probably nearly a decade. 

The only way to get double perf, is to get it from a company who takes un perforated film and perforates it themselves. This would be Pro 8mm, Film Photography Project, etc. If you google search "double perf Vision 3" you will find film. It just won't be in a Kodak can or box, it'll be labeled as something unusual, but rest assured it's just Kodak re-badged. 

Kodak will make new double perf film for you if you have a large order tho. 

Edit: I just noticed you mentioned Double 8 in the title. Double 8 does not use 16mm perforations FYI. So it's not "16mm" film, it's Double 8 film, totally different thing. 

Edited by Tyler Purcell

I suppose I confused the title as there is no category for it.  I shouldn't confuse the two even with their similarities.  I was curious what emulsion photography project is making, I assumed it was an independent one but  I am noticing this on still photography, rebranded cine emulsions from kodak so I will inquire to find out.

Thanks for the insights.

• Premium Member

FPP has used a firm in Germany who has a large selection of perforating machines prepair both double perf 16mm as well as Double 8.  (the two are different pitch)

the video shows the process, although they would have had to do the actuall work in the dark...

this page from another dealer has some details.

http://www.toeppenfilm.com/about8mm.html