Cute pin on eBay

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Ah, a 6-plate 35mm. ST400 I think. Spectacular but a bit pricey to get one to me. Thanks for a great find though.

The older ones are real bricks, like Chippendale furniture. Not in my league although we are fixing a couple up at the Cinema Museum in Lambeth:

https://www.facebook.com/londonsteenbeck/photos/pcb.2960423437612538/2960423354279213/

As it happens, it's Charlie Chaplin's workhouse.

Edited by Mark Dunn

Mark, you should compete with the Cinema Museum. If you find any good paper ephemera to scan in the USA, have it shipped to me and I will scan for you and put up at the I.A. I can also give you hi-res scans.

Or if you find things in the U.K., buy them to scan yourself. There is so, so much great stuff in the U.K. to get, but shipping breaks the deal for me. You can open up your own online cinema museum Mark.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Daniel D. Teoli Jr. said:

Do people even use Steenbecks anymore?  I mean somewhat mainstream use and not the odd filmmaker?

Mainstream no. The last major Hollywood film I know that used one was Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. They did so because leaks of pre-released content had been a problem and they were concerned about anything coming out early. So they cut the film on flatbeds, to insure nobody would have it. They then transferred the cut film onto 3/4" tape and sent those to Williams for the score. It was such an old school way to do it, perhaps the last film ever to do it that way.