Any tips for shooting wides on 24/25mm focal length lenses on super 16?

Edith blazek

Hello, so I was eyeing the Leitz Thalia and Zeiss supreme primes and I'm sure they would go well super 35mm film with the widest being 24mm on the Thalia and in the set I'm constructing for the supremes, 25mm, but I'm not planning on shooting on 35mm film, I'm firmly in the camp of super 16 as I feel it actually looks different than digital but I prefer to be relatively wide, owing to Deakins, Young, Chivo, etc.... But 24mm or 25mm on super 16 doesn't look like it would be easy so I want to ask this forum if anyone has experience with shooting wides with 24 or 25mm lenses on super 16, let me know how you'd go about it.

I use my Cooke 20-100 lens on s16. There is no trick really... if you have the space, you will have to back up from the talent. If not, you are stuck with 48-50mm equivalent field of view on s16. 

Edited by Giray Izcan

Also consider the physical size of the lens, not all S16 cameras can accommodate wide-barreled PL mount primes from what I understand. Not really sure because all of this gear is outside what I can afford to buy. But research this first. I think the SR3 can't always accommodate (physically) wider lenses, the 416 can.

Edited by M Joel W