Forde merged with Alpha Cine

Wow! This seems weird, but I guess it's kind of a great idea...

I switched to Forde during a shoot after disagreements with Alpha, who had a rep *at the time* of treating 16mm projects haphazardly. This was a few administrations ago for Alpha.

But they've always had a size advantage and a rate advantage over Forde, so now hopefully this'll come out good on both rate and service ends for filmmakers.

Grainy

I just used Forde for processing and prep for Alpha Cine to telecine my footage for editing for HFD!. It was reversal so AC couldnt process it anyway. Considering their close proximity and the fact that there are several rooms that are fairly unused upstairs at AC, this makes total sense to me. I was happy with both and did a supervised session at AC, which was great. I hope to do more business with them but Im not sure if I will shoot reversal any time soon.

• Premium Member

Historically AlphaCine has not supported Super 8 and FordeLabs is known as one of the best super 8 labs in the US. Partially because their ultra-sonic cleaning process produces spotless images. (important when one spot can consume an entire frame) So if ALpha and Forde are merging does this mean Alpha is finally going to suport super 8 telecine?.... I'll ask and report back for anyone interested.

Steve

EDIT: just phoned Forde - got pipped though to Alpha. Alpha will support the processing of Super 8 since the Forde staff and equipment are now at the Alpha location. "no current plans to support super 8 telecine"

Steve

Edited by steve hyde