Nick Norton

Where do you develop your film?

I have shot two rolls of super-8, Ektachrome and Plus-X, and was wondering where i could send the film to be developed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go?

Thanks for any help-

Nick Norton

I live in Orlando, Florida. Although, i do not mind mailing the cartridges to somewhere else.

So please, anyone who knows of a decent place to develop film, let me know.

Thanks-

Nick Norton

I haven't tried it yet but Bonofilm's HD tapeless option looks sweet. You send them your film for processing and transfer or you can send them already processed film. They send the digitized footage back to you on a portable hard drive.

The only real downside is the deposit on the hard drive.

For your E6 film, if youre cheap, you can send it out via Walmart to Dwaynes. It will take awhile but through Walmart its only $4.88. Dwaynes does a pretty good job too. I send them my E6 all the time. Dont know whats the best place for the Plus-X as I dont use b/w stock. Spectra does good work if you want to ship cross country.

I believe that Walmart does not handle E-6 film processing. Dwayne's and Walmart never agreed to a contract. You can send directly to Dwayne's for processing. Among other labs, I've had experience with Film & Video Services in Mpls which handles b&w reversal.

I have been using Forde Labs/Alphacine. However, I've had some problems as of late with their processing. I am now sending my film to Spectra Film & Video. The guys there are very knowledgable and experienced. I would not pick a lab based on low price alone. There are so many details that go into good processing.

I believe that Walmart does not handle E-6 film processing. Dwayne's and Walmart never agreed to a contract. You can send directly to Dwayne's for processing. Among other labs, I've had experience with Film & Video Services in Mpls which handles b&w reversal.

Well, I cannot verify this as I only send my E6 direct. Its sortof like he said, she said regarding this. We had one person on here not too long ago who claimed to have called corporate and been told that Walmart WILL handle E6. Maybe it doesnt go to Dwaynes, but rather Fuji for processing. Not too sure.