Jump to content
B. Sakthidoss

Russian Angle and Dutch Angle

Recommended Posts

'Dutching' a camera is basically pivoting the camera sideways - you no longer have a level horizon... to do this you either deliberately undo the head and de-bobble it or use a dutch head for more control. Don't know why it's called dutching the camera 'though maybe it's because of all those 'coffee shops' they have.


I too have never heard or a 'Russian angle'...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
I too have never heard or a 'Russian angle'...


Me neither. And from my experience with russian/soviet films there isn't a special camera angle unique or typical to these. What's your source?


Cheers, Dave

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Abel Cine

    Broadcast Solutions Inc

    G-Force Grips

    Gamma Ray Digital Inc

    Paralinx LLC

    Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

    The Original Slider

    Just Cinema Gear

    Visual Products

    Metropolis Post

    FJS International

    New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

    Serious Gear

    Tai Audio

    Rig Wheels Passport



    Ritter Battery

    Wooden Camera

    Cinematography Books and Gear
  • Create New...