Back home after a serious Heart Attack

Randy J Tomlinson

Hello,

It has been a while ....Hello everyone :)

A little more than 12 years ago i underwent chemotheraphy and radio theraphy for a non hodking tumor in my chest, right in the midle of my lung. All went well, i had never problem with any kind of cancer anymore or issues related to this. This is what i tought... i was so wrong!

At the 18th of October i suffered a serious Heart Attack as a result of a so called Dilated Cardiomyopathy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilated_cardiomyopathy

What happened? The chemo and radio theraphy 12 years ago obviously damaged the muscle of my left heart chamber causing is to "Deform". Because of this deformation my heart dangerously got bigger and the left heart champer started to pump less blood comming from my lung into my system. On the 18th october the whole thing collapsed and blod spilled back into my lungs. I slowly started to drown in my own blood. However i realized pretty fast something was wrong and reached hospital by time.

I am not going into details but i spent 14 days in hospital, during this time i suffered 2 heart attacks, had surgery, and also suffered a mini stroke caused by a blood cloth during cardiac catheriasation.

After 14 days i was transfered into a rehab center for people with a heart disease.

I am happy to be back home now. Still very weak and unable to walk short to mid short distances but i am alive :D

Randy

• Premium Member

Hi Randy. So sorry to hear about this, but I am glad you are in good spirits. As I've worked as an Emergency Medical Technician for the past 10 years here in the states, I understand the gravity of your situation and you are a lucky man. Every day truly is a gift. Keep that positive attitude going. You have no idea how important that is for a recovery.

Wishing you well.