ARRICAM on RONIN 2

Tom Otte

• Premium Member

I've had my LT on Steadicam many times but have never seen one on a Ronin 2. Not sure if it would fit ( the steadicam mag is 27cm tall). I dare say if someone had managed, there'd be a google-able photo of it somewhere.

Let us know if you do and post a picture.

The weight capacity is not a problem. The Arricam LT body is 12lbs. The 400ft mag is 6lbs. The Ronin 2 working payload is 30lbs. 

Have a look at the CineMilled Upper Tilt Arms Extension for DJI Ronin 2 (STAGE 2). It allows the Ronin 2 height to be increased by 4 inches. There is also an adjustment to change the depth.  Put a shoulder magazine on a ARRICAM LT and measure the dimensions, do the same for the Ronin 2 and add 4 inches to the top and rear.

• 3 months later...

I didn't take a proper picture but the Movi XL was the way to go, surprisingly simple to set up even without getting rid of the Viewfinder, no steadi mags etc. 🙂

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Tom Otte said:

I didn't take a proper picture but the Movi XL was the way to go, surprisingly simple to set up even without getting rid of the Viewfinder, no steadi mags etc. 🙂

No picture? What?! Why? 😉

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Tom Otte said:

It's a picture but it's more proof of concept than anything else, I might ask the key grip if he has one...

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 01.30.30.jpg

Great, thank you! Good to know it's possible, yay!

I recently did a project and needed a steadicam for an LT for a few days but no one was available. So we thought of trying out as Tom a Movi XL but the twist was that we wanted to hand carry the Movi because it was uneven terrain where we wanted to shoot. Here are some pictures and yes it is as ridiculous as it looks. It turned out that the whole thing was way to heavy and also a bit risky because of the high center of gravity. 

Anyway I'm putting out a few photos so if anyone is in a similar situation they would think twice before doing this 🙂

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6494.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Haha yeah!

We brought in 4 very strong stunt guys, actually they looked more like bodybuilders than anything else and they also said it was too heavy to carry and walk around.

The rental company was also very suspicious but at then end let us do the test.

Lesson learned, wont be doing that again!

• Haha 1