Optex

Rolfe Klement

• Premium Member
And another one down...

Obviously, the thriving British film industry is doing just fine!

Phil

10 years ago, here in Washington, DC there were probably 20 more production houses than there are today.

I'm not sure what Optex did, but Final Cut Pro killed ALOT of production companies.

10 years ago, here in Washington, DC there were probably 20 more production houses than there are today.

I'm not sure what Optex did, but Final Cut Pro killed ALOT of production companies.

Optex sell and rent film & video gear. They're the Steadicam dealers in the UK. They have also been involved with modifying Canon lenses for use in film & television and also their own Super 16 lenses.

• Premium Member
Optex sell and rent film & video gear. They're the Steadicam dealers in the UK. They have also been involved with modifying Canon lenses for use in film & television and also their own Super 16 lenses.

Hi,

They also developed their own products such as an excellent periscope system.

I am sorry for anybody who have lost their jobs.

Stephen

funny you should mention that - of every company I have done business with the ones who were too willing to negotiate deals or forgot to charge us for stuff went bankrupt (VFG and Optex)

this is just a reminder to all people trying to squeeze more out of production companies - it is like pirate DVD's - great to start with but then the producers start to suffer so it becomes harder to get good | expensive shows made - and in the end the whole product suffers and eventually gets replaced with cheap mobile phone video camera reality shows

my 2 cents

Rolfe

• Premium Member
Looks like OpTex Ltd was placed into administrative receivership on Friday 23rd of December 2005

http://www.optexint.com/

I need to have a Zeiss zoom converted to Super 16, anyone have any suggestions on who to go to now that Optex is out of the picture? Anyone know where Optex got the Super 16 conversion kits, I was told they did not make them themselves, that they bought the optics kits and just made the PL mounts for the kits.

Have looked at the Serious Gear conversion and was not overly impressed.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,

-Tim