An Inconvenient Truth

Democrats lost because the were devoid of any ideas and are extremely liberal. If they win now it will be because of what republicans did wrong, not because they have and anything to the table.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you recall that the United States immediately received communication from countries all over the world offering aid.

Rice would have been the one fielding those calls and offers for help, if she hadn't been shopping for shoes in New York, preparing for tennis lessons with a professional tennis player, etc.

---Did you actually read the list of duties?

Where does accepting donations come in come in? Makes more sense that the agencies that are actually going to use and relagate the aid would field the calls.

Why this animosity toward her?

There are others in the Bush administration that were genuinely neglegent.

Perhaps you're trying to deflect blame from the Decider himself, or afraid the DickMeister will shoot you?

Did she decline a Super 8 interview with you?

Is it her preference for Brahms?

Will you get lost in the crowd if you atack Brownie?

Or is it her taste in shoes that sets you off?

---LV

• Premium Member
---Did you actually read the list of duties?

Where does accepting donations come in come in? Makes more sense that the agencies that are actually going to use and relagate the aid would field the calls.

Why this animosity toward her?

There are others in the Bush administration that were genuinely neglegent.

Perhaps you're trying to deflect blame from the Decider himself, or afraid the DickMeister will shoot you?

Did she decline a Super 8 interview with you?

Is it her preference for Brahms?

Will you get lost in the crowd if you atack Brownie?

Or is it her taste in shoes that sets you off?

---LV

It would have been a slap in the face to Condoleeza Rice if countries were communicating with the United States about Hurricane Katrina but bypassing her in the process. I feel badly for her that she failed such an easy test because I think she is an incredibly intelligent person. But how can one person remain so insulated from what happened in New Orleans for so many days and be the fourth highest ranking official in the country?

She should have taken her lumps over the matter and moved on, instead she got a free pass from the media over the incident.

Yeah, you're right. Someone needs to tell her, that as long as there's sufferening in the world, she has no right to buy shoes or take a day off. How dare her.

Hey everyone, it's 68 degrees F in California at 1PM.

I'm really getting worried about this pending ice age, aren't you?

MP

Democrats lost because the were devoid of any ideas and are extremely liberal. If they win now it will be because of what republicans did wrong, not because they have and anything to the table.

It's kinda funny actually.

Their national platform seems to be "vote for us, because we hate Bush".

Someone needs to tell them that Bush can't run again. They're not running against Bush, but it seems they think they are.

By the way, did anyone notice that those evil tax breaks that were going to break the treasury, have resulted in MORE tax money flowing in? The same thing happened with the Reagan tax breaks, after predictions of mass poverty and starvation. Of course, it had to be "spun" as "the decade of greed" because apparently it's terrible when people have enough money.

OK, this thread has become boring.

I'm sure it will resurface when Al Gore starts his campaign for president.

MP

• Premium Member
Yeah, you're right. Someone needs to tell her, that as long as there's sufferening in the world, she has no right to buy shoes or take a day off. How dare her.

It's common knowledge that whenever a catastrophy hits a country, any country, their leaders immediately come back to handle it if they happened to be elsewhere when it happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spitak_Earthquake

Except in the United States. Allegedly, George Bush Jr. was in San Diego raising money for the Republicans, Cheney was on his huge plantation and then I think then went to San Diego as well. The only reason Rice cut short her vacation was because people in New York started complaining that they saw her there having a good ol time while New Orleans was drowning. There seems to be a madness to the Republican method, nothing is bigger than they are.

But get a BJ while still at work, and then one should be impeached, according to the republican politiicians.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The heat wave left LA and did a huge number on the East Coast as well, reports were that after cooking the East Coast for a few days, temperatures suddenly dropped 25 degrees in one hour as it left. It was one heck of a storm cell considering it seemed to break heat records that had stood since temperature taking became official around a hundred years ago.

• Premium Member

It would be best for the human race in general if she'd spend all her time shopping for shoes, rather than spending her time bristling at and condescending to anyone who dares question her complete ineptitude and total lack of diplomatic skills. Being the author of the "Bush Doctrine", she can take her place in history as the architect of the most dimwitted foreign policy the U.S. has ever been cursed with.

1: ...

It's common knowledge that whenever a catastrophy hits a country, any country, their leaders immediately come back to handle it if they happened to be elsewhere when it happens.

2:

...The heat wave left LA and did a huge number on the East Coast as well, reports were that after cooking the East Coast for a few days, ....

1. Governments aren't run on "common knowledge", they're run on laws.

And you seem to be forgetting that this country (unlike other countries you obviously think we should be run like) was founded on a principle of UNITED STATES, not one huge monolithic federal government. The states are supposed to be dealing with the majority of their problems by themselves. This is why we pay state taxes, remember? They're supposed to actually be doing stuff with that money, although it's easy to forget, since they seem to waste most of it, then blame the federal government for not having fixed all the problems.

This is what happened with Katrina;

several billion dollars were allocated in the years before Katrina to fix the levies. The state reallocated most of the money to different things, then blamed the feds when the levies (which they didn't fix) actually broke. And all the blind sheeple like yourself took the propaganda, bait, line & sinker and believed it was all Bush's fault. Pay more attention. This information is not hard to find on the governments own websites, in fact.

I spend quite a bit of time on government websites, like the congressional & senatorial websites, where you can see their ACTUAL VOTING RECORDS, instead of listening to them lie to TV cameras, which they do constantly.

This is how I knew that John Kerry lied even more than Bush; his voting record was exactly the opposite of his campaign speeches; he voted for the Iraq war, (and not just because of WMD's), he voted for Bush' tax cuts, he voted for NAFTA & GATT during the Clinton years, and then blamed Bush for outsourcing. (While his wife's company outsources more than 85% of it's factories, by the way). John Kerry is George Bush with more money and better hair. His voting record lines up with Bush' about 98%.

2. Wild weather shifts are the rule for this planet, not the exception.

The heat wave we just had, as well as the cool wave Africa & other places is having, does not prove global warming. It proves that the planet has a dynamic, chaotic climate system, and always has.

By the way, the highest recorded temperatures in the US were not last month, it was in the 1930's - remember the dust bowl? Was that caused by too many people driving SUV's? Oh, I forgot, there was no such thing.

There was such a drought, that it pretty much ruined the entire farming system in the midwest. Some of my family were the "Okies" that came west because they were starving on their farms.

Anyone here care to come up with some theories on the dust bowl?

Too many farmers driving tractors maybe? Too much methane from cows?

MP

She should have taken her lumps over the matter and moved on, instead she got a free pass from the media over the incident.

---Could it be they they grasp how authority is delegated throughout the federal and state governments.

And somehow they realize that instead of riding in a rowboat over the sunken city of Nurlins going: 'Oh, Lawdie! What a shame! Have any of you called FEMA and the National Guard yet?

I'd give you the phone numbers, but they ain't in my RoloDex, 'cause it ain't my jurisdiction and and you jus' don't go stepping on no one else's toes in Washin'ton. If you know what I mean'; she's suppossed to be negotiating peace in the MiddleEast until she's tossed aside like Colin was.

---LV

• Premium Member
Perhaps the point your trying to make about Rice is:

Would it have been accceptable for her to carry on shoe shopping during 9/11?

lol. Maybe she was simply helping the New York Economy get completely back on it's feet.

-----------------------

Matt we may pay some in state taxes, but it pales in comparison to what the government collects. Everyone in government diverts money, not just the states, it's what they do.

It was the lack of a real concerted action by the highest echelons of our government During and After the Hurricane in New Orleans that made many ill to watch. People did drive across country to help, and got to New Orleans quicker than many factions of the government. But if it had been terrorists that caused the levees to breech, our government would have been all over the New Orleans flooding in a hyper second.

So Africa had a cool wave also huh?

---Could it be they they grasp how authority is delegated throughout the federal and state governments.

And somehow they realize that instead of riding in a rowboat over the sunken city of Nurlins going: 'Oh, Lawdie! What a shame! Have any of you called FEMA and the National Guard yet?

I'd give you the phone numbers, but they ain't in my RoloDex, 'cause it ain't my jurisdiction and and you jus' don't go stepping on no one else's toes in Washin'ton. If you know what I mean'; she's suppossed to be negotiating peace in the MiddleEast until she's tossed aside like Colin was.

---LV

Rice's role is to communicate with other nations. So it's seems logical that communication means she be available when other countries want to contact her. The idea of someone helping the big bad U.S. probably didn't even register, even though we give very little in humanitarian aid, especially if weaponry for "defense" is taken out of the equation.

Saw it today...whole thing this time.

http://usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorial...ore-green_x.htm

There are no honorable politicians. They want power to force their hand, just like any other man. That is the way it has been and the way it will be. We should shorten the executive term by two years. Al Gore, George Bush, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Et Cetera, are vile incubators of greed and ego.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm not trying to be a downer. I vote for the next american idiot every 4 years. The right to choose my favorite idiot is a right I cherish! The continent of Europe is stained with our fathers blood like a rubber stamp proclaiming this human right. Politicians are, no matter their "level" of birth or political schooling, inherently patrician(<-this being the nicest word I could find)

Enjoy the $ you make from this steaming pile you call a documentary Mr. Gore. You and President Bush can laugh it up 40,000 feet above the plebans in your steel birds, safe away from the madding crowd....

USA-semper fidelis

politicians-semper idem

-Jonnie

Edited by BARCA

• Premium Member
Saw it today...whole thing this time.

http://usatoday.com/news/opinion/editorial...ore-green_x.htm

There are no honorable politicians. They want power to force their hand, just like any other man. That is the way it has been and the way it will be. We should shorten the executive term by two years. Al Gore, George Bush, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Et Cetera, are vile incubators of greed and ego.

I'm not trying to be a downer. I vote for the next american idiot every 4 years. The right to choose my favorite idiot is a right I cherish! The continent of Europe is stained with our fathers blood like a rubber stamp proclaiming this human right. Politicians are, no matter their "level" of birth or political schooling, inherently patrician(<-this being the nicest word I could find)

Enjoy the $ you make from this steaming pile you call a documentary Mr. Gore. You and President Bush can laugh it up 40,000 feet above the plebans in your steel birds, safe away from the madding crowd....

USA-semper fidelis

politicians-semper idem

-Jonnie

Don't be so gullible, sheesh.

I expect brilliant men and women in the public life who travel extensively to have large homes for many reasons.

Cluttered cramped spaced is not something to be revered, and empty space is not enticing either. (I could make a GW reference but I wont). The solution is large rooms, and plenty of them. One room in the Gore's home probably has a full library of scholarly works and legal books as well. Another room is probably a sitting room that leads to a dining room for dinner parties. Of course, a large kitchen and patio is a natural as well, and a couple of extra bedrooms for overnight guests would be expected, as would additional bathrooms. Research space is also needed, as well as storage space for ongoing projects.

Secret service probably reside on the residence, as do several assistants. To somehow imply the Gores should be living in a home the size of the "average american" is not only ludicrous, BUT THE REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS have made sure that that demographic of our society no longer exists.

So forget the size of the house as being an issue, especially if the house is used in an efficient way.

Point number two. Some accountant, bookeeper or person who pays the bills for the Gores wants to justify their salary by shaving money off of the Gore's expenses. That's just how it works. All middlemen (and women) MUST justify their existence by proving that at the very least they save as much money as it costs to employ them as they also take a load off of their clients minds. So I don't blame the Gores because the decision to pay less for their power was no doubt made by someone else in their employ, pure and simple.

As for the mining issue, I don't know nearly enough about it to form an opinion, but we're not blaming the Gore's because the mining company violates a law or two, are we?

Can't disagree with a thing you said. :)

I don't want gore to live squalor! Sheesh is right, gullible is not.

The guy makes a point, however. You do not need to take it as dogma, as I do not, to see his point. It is written by a guy who is an obvious republican. You should reread my post , I think.

The point is gores verbiage is not cognate with his way of life.

I am not so stupid as to think men with his power should show up to any particular place involving government affairs in a less than safe car with "great gas milage" dressed in shorts with polka-dots on them. Nor be deprived of the "utilities" necessary to do a complete job. DUH!!!

Your rationalizations are quite cute, however. Remember that word in my post, patrician? Its an attitude. Again, his speech is not cognate with his real life. Period.

Funny how you don't mention the oil stock, though. Hmmmm. Maybe you were busy sipping fresh kool-aid?

But, honestly, I respect your point of view. :) Seriously, I'm not trying to come of as an ass or something worse. I appreciate your response to my post. B)

All in fun dialogue-Jonnie

Don't be so gullible, sheesh.

I expect brilliant men and women in the public life who travel extensively to have large homes for many reasons...

.... One room in the gore's home probably has a full library of scholarly works and legal books as well. ...As for the mining issue, I don't know nearly enough about it to form an opinion, but we're not blaming the Gore's because the mining company violates a law or two, are we?

This is all irrelevant.

If mining, eating up lots of fossil fuels, etc. is ruining the environment (the way he claims it is) , then it's ruining the environment, no matter if "brilliant people" do it or not.

"Brilliant people" should not be given a pass, especially if they're the one telling everyone what to do.

Gore is saying that EVERYONE has to sacrifice their "carbon consuming" way of life & change the future.

Yet he's done nothing whatsoever in HIS life, in fact the mans "environmental footprint" is probably equal a couple hundred people at least.

I don't buy the "do as I say, not as I do" argument. I have no heroes, and if I did, this man would not be one of them. It's obvious hero worship, when you make excuses like you are for his dishonsty. The things he is proposing are going to cost real money and serious hardship to the middle and lower classes to implement.

This is blatant hypocrisy, there's no other way to look at it.

He apparently doesn't believe his own words.

I think this is all a very clever technique on his part, to continue to somehow be relevant in the public eye, & to set up a very large constituency to vote for him in 2008 (unless the Clinton campaign machine either buys him off, or do their usual smear tactics to get him to bow out.)

I agree with BARCA - politicians are bascially pathological ego-maniacs, all of them. These are the last people we should be drooling over and idolizing, because when we do that, we drop our guards and end up with brutal dictatorships.

Just ask the Cubans, Germans, Russians, Chinese, Cambodians... the list goes on.

MP

• Premium Member

I can tell you story or two about how extras and stuntmen (and women) get abused on movies recently made by the best and most expensive Hollywood productions, does that make the work of the DP or the Director less relevant or less worthy of appreciation?

I can tell you story or two about how extras and stuntmen (and women) get abused on movies recently made by the best and most expensive Hollywood productions, does that make the work of the DP or the Director less relevant or less worthy of appreciation?

Hey. I do get your point. I do. But your analogies are starting to stink. Which makes this discussion more boring.

J/K- :lol: -Jonnie

• Premium Member
Hey. I do get your point. I do. But your analogies are starting to stink. Which makes this discussion more boring.

J/K- :lol: -Jonnie

Then you didn't get my point, and if you're going to continue with your childish responses, use your real name.

Real name is , again, at the bottom of my posts in the "signature" field. It is amazing how many times someone has said that to me in frustration without noticing this...That is why its the "signature" field! Look next time!

Mr. Machi,

I don't want this to get anymore dumb than it already has become. I apologise for my "humor", no matter how obvious I feel it was. Hence the "J/K" and smiley face.

It is possible to understand where you're coming from while also holding my view of Gore, and others, as stated in previous posts.

No offense meant.

-Jonnie

• Premium Member

The above is completely relevant towards your view of politicians and Mr. Gore because you used one very silly editorial to justify your scorn for Mr. Gore.

You're basically saying that if someone acts in a way that seems questionable in a profession you disparage, you immediately condemn them, no ifs ands or buts, but if someone acts in a similar manner in a profession you admire, than it's acceptable.

The things he is proposing are going to cost real money and serious hardship to the middle and lower classes to implement.

What about a CO2 emmessions tax with tax breaks for middle class and more poverty mitigation funds? That way companies that have a reason to find ways to cut CO2 emissions, and since there would be greater demad for new technology to do the job, new products would be invented and new businesses started. imagine a system that could change CO2 into oxygen.....has to be possible right? plants do it.

The above is completely relevant towards your view of politicians and Mr. Gore because you used one very silly editorial to justify your scorn for Mr. Gore.

You're basically saying that if someone acts in a way that seems questionable in a profession you disparage, you immediately condemn them, no ifs ands or buts, but if someone acts in a similar manner in a profession you admire, than it's acceptable.

Oh, please! Tell me where I said it was "acceptable " to mistreat people on a set...

Sorry, your analogy just does not work. I get your point, however. Why fight over this? Are your feelings hurt that bad over my comments, said in jest BTW, about your analogy?

As far as the article in question being silly, perhaps it is. However the facts presented in it are not silly. They help outline the patrician attitude these folk have in washington. Did you even read my posts...?

Obviously you are on some kick where you have to "protect" the honor of Al Gore, no matter how asinine your defence is. Anyone who has read my previous posts on this know I went out of my way, bent over backwards, to be civil and state that offense was not meant.

Whats the point now? Are you just trying to "call me out" or something? Sorry, dude, I get what your point was but now you're defending it for no reason and on top of that, in an asinine way....

Peace, brother human ! - Jonnie

• Premium Member

Barca, you don't refute my analogy by actually addressing it.

However, I'll move on and actually lay out why the article was silly, whereas you simply called my analogy silly without addressing it.

The guy who wrote the editorial wanted to "catch" Al Gore in a lie. But as has been pointed out by others on this very topic thread, exposing a possible mistake either in Mr. Gore's documentary or his own personal life does not refute the bigger issue. The writer wasn't interested in seeing if Mr. Gore was willing to correct personal possible personal mistakes Gore could be making, the writer just wanted to make the whole global warming issue go away by saying, "ah ha, I caught you in a lie Mr. Gore, you're aliar and a big bad boogeyman, and therefore all of your work means nothing".

If the writer had "two-stepped" his research, first found the perceived hypocrises, then inform the Gore camp about them, and then see if Mr. Gore took any of the criticisms to heart, he would have had a great article. Instead the writer chose a "slash & burn" approach, find something to nail Gore on and immediatlely witchhunt Mr. Gore, which in the end just proves Mr. Gore's concerns over our inability to cooperate with one another.

The editorial also doesn't mention if Mr. Gore was doing other things that do exhibit his desire to be a "carbon neutral lifestyle" kind of person.

Mr. Gore's message can still be true even if he is falling short on a personal level, yet the article seems to be implying otherwise, and that makes the writer someone who is trying to show off at the expense of an issue that is bigger than any one of us and all of us put together.

Some Republicans seem to be caught in their own time machine in which we all MUST band together and think as one when it comes to terrorism, but then when it comes to issues that relate to the overall health of the planet itself, they seem hell bent on ridiculing anyone who voices a concern that doesn't allow the Republicans to maintain and exert control.