R.I.P Steve Irwin

Dajan Bozanic

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, one thing: I could have chosen my women more carefully (married six times to five different wives).

Wow! You are crazier than Steve Irwin for sure :D

R,

Its always a good story if nobody gets hurt. But thats the way things are. These happenings help create a personality in young ones.

...or if only I get hurt, or if my friend who gets hurt agrees it was worth it for the story. Like the time I broke my friend's collar bone with a metal pipe, or the time my friend accidentally shot me in the side of the head with a bb gun and the bb stuck in the side of my head, or the time my friend got attacked by a doberman before putting it down with a baseball bat...all great stories.

Never made a potato gun, though...made a flamethrower once...easy 10 foot flame comin' out of that sucker, and a really, really stupid thing to do. But I'm alive, so wasn't the risk worth it? How many people can say they've made a flamethrower?

Anyway that was in the wilder days of my youth...really I've calmed down a lot...but at least you see why I understand Steve Irwin's risk-taking, which served a much more noble purpose than my own.

Edited by David Sweetman

In a bizarre twist to this whole story stingrays are showing up mutilated on the Australian coast.

As crazy as Steve Irwin was there is of course no way he would have supported the mutilation of a sea creature.

Some people are out for revenge against stingrays, strange.

R,

Richard, are you saying that you never took any risks? (man you wouldn't have liked to come round my house for tea..)

I've already answered this in spades on this thread.

But there's no such thing as risky behaviour, said it your self.

R,

No, what I said was that IF a man know the risk of something he's doing and chooses to do it anyway be cause he loves it and it fulfills him then who am I to tell him he shouldn't do it or that he's an idiot for doing it...and what I meant but that comment was your analogy is dopey BUT IF you WANT to shoot up smack and do a swan dive off a skyscraper in hopes of fkying like the Man of Steel, that's your business, just try to not hit anyone on the sidewalk on your way down.

Like the time I accidently injected myself with a Vietnam-era French atropine autoinjector, used to counteract neurotoxins in warfare. (true story.)

How in the Hell did you manage to do THAT.

Or the time I got to ride cuffed in the back of a cop car. (I was later exonerated.)

I have also had that expirence (Though not exonerated) a few of times before. The novelty wears off after to 2nd or 3rd time. B)

I've done a few risky things in my life, have a bad shoulder to show for it, and wouldn't change a thing.

Okay, four things: Taken up my friend Paul Butterfield on his offer to work crew for him at a "big music festival in Upstate New York" - later to become known as Woodstock.

You missed out on being a roadie at Woodstock?!!......D'oh!

Edited by James Steven Beverly

No, what I said was that IF a man know the risk of something he's doing and chooses to do it anyway be cause he loves it and it fulfills him then who am I to tell him he shouldn't do it or that he's an idiot for doing it...and what I meant but that comment was your analogy is dopey BUT IF you WANT to shoot up smack and do a swan dive off a skyscraper in hopes of fkying like the Man of Steel, that's your business, just try to not hit anyone on the sidewalk on your way down.

Right, I know the risks of drugs, and I choose to do it any way because as you say, "he loves it and it fulfills him then who am I to tell him he shouldn't do it or that he's an idiot for doing it."

So by your definition I'm not an idiot for doing drugs because I know the risks and it fulfills me.

R,

Right, I know the risks of drugs, and I choose to do it any way because as you say, "he loves it and it fulfills him then who am I to tell him he shouldn't do it or that he's an idiot for doing it."

So by your definition I'm not an idiot for doing drugs because I know the risks and it fulfills me.

R,

The Beatles did drugs as a way to expand their minds and go deeper into themselves. The result was a musical and cultural revolution. The shalmans of America indian tribes here in the southwest take payote to seek wisdom and vision. Who am I to tell them that was wrong. Steve irwin brought animals to people's attention and some aspects of their behavour that they may not have widely seen before. He brought awareness to the natural world and I see NOTHING wrong with that or the way he did it. If YOU had a fullfilling purpose for taking heroin and jumping off a building say like as a way to spare us the pain of reading your luducras rants, I wouldn't call you an idiot at all in fact I'd be all for it. :D

If YOU had a fullfilling purpose for taking heroin and jumping off a building say like as a way to spare us the pain of reading your luducras rants, I wouldn't call you an idiot at all in fact I'd be all for it. :D

Speaking of ludicrous rants and sparing humanity from ones own stupidity, please feel free to engage in any adrenaline pumping activities you see fit. May I suggest that you.....skydive minus the parachute, bungee jump minus the cord, or hang glide minus the hang glider.

Then we can all celebrate your untimely death.

R,

PS: Please run your posts through a spell checker. Even my dumb ass to English dictionary is having trouble deciphering your posts.

Wow, this thread is still going. Nice guys.

Right on cue! I was waiting for you Chad :D

Another 7-8 pages and we should be done insulting each other, check back often.

R,

Wow, this thread is still going. Nice guys.

CATCHING SOME RAYS

Did not Starbuck tell Ahab that to seek vengence against a dumb beast was blasphemous?

I believe that dumb in this case refers to an inability to speak,

yet Australians seem as dumb as Americans in blindly lashing out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5338118.stm

yet Australians seem as dumb as Americans in blindly lashing out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5338118.stm

Well come on don't lump all Auzzies or Americans into one basket. There are stupid people in every country.

I have to come to the defence of the American people here, remember it's their gov't that does nutty things some times, individual Americans are a wonderful, warm, and generous, group for the most part.

And 99.9999% of Australians would never mutilate a stingray.

R,

Speaking of ludicrous rants and sparing humanity from ones own stupidity, please feel free to engage in any adrenaline pumping activities you see fit. May I suggest that you.....skydive minus the parachute, bungee jump minus the cord, or hang glide minus the hang glider.

Then we can all celebrate your untimely death.

R,

PS: Please run your posts through a spell checker. Even my dumb ass to English dictionary is having trouble deciphering your posts.

Why if I did that there'd be no one left willing to take the time to help you with your extensive psychological problems, Richie ol' buddy. Besides it'll take more than a little fall to kill me. It'd take a nuclear weapon or a 50 cal machine gun or somethin' like that, although I'm not even sure about the machine gun, the bullets would probably just bonce off my chest. I'm sorry my spelling offended you but I used the international English to Dumb Ass translator written for Canadians just to make sure you would be able to understand every word. B)

This thread is getting really, really ridiculous.

Now I have a good idea how american, canadian and australian people behave over controversy -

totally childish and stupid.

Richard´s intial statement was totally exaggerated, ok - but the arguments of you other people are

getting more and more stupid.

I never liked Irwin´s show, too, his over-the-top presentation made it hard for me to stay on the really important thing - the infomation he tried to pass, but that´s my opinion.

All of you people who said it´s ok to take risks ( and I read about some really moronic ones here ) - did

you ever think about the danger you´re to other people ? How many people get hurt or die because some

"risktakers" ( or heros, if you like ) underestimated the potential danger ?

Irwin´s totally insane behaviour did include his two little kids - that´s unacceptable.

I´m wondering if you "risk-taking-heros" still were proud of your mean and exciting past if you´d killed

or seriously injured your wife, child or any close person during some stupid, useless experiment.

Priyesh

This thread is getting really, really ridiculous.

Now I have a good idea how american, canadian and australian people behave over controversy -

totally childish and stupid.

Richard´s intial statement was totally exaggerated, ok - but the arguments of you other people are

getting more and more stupid.

I never liked Irwin´s show, too, his over-the-top presentation made it hard for me to stay on the really important thing - the infomation he tried to pass, but that´s my opinion.

All of you people who said it´s ok to take risks ( and I read about some really moronic ones here ) - did

you ever think about the danger you´re to other people ? How many people get hurt or die because some

"risktakers" ( or heros, if you like ) underestimated the potential danger ?

Irwin´s totally insane behaviour did include his two little kids - that´s unacceptable.

I´m wondering if you "risk-taking-heros" still were proud of your mean and exciting past if you´d killed

or seriously injured your wife, child or any close person during some stupid, useless experiment.

Priyesh

Hey James Steven Beverly, looks like you have some one else to take on as well. Thanks for 90% chiming in on my side Priyesh.

"Irwin´s totally insane behaviour did include his two little kids - that´s unacceptable."

Yep, you're right Priyesh, that's what I've been saying all along.

As for.....

"but I used the international English to Dumb Ass translator written for Canadians just to make sure you would be able to understand every word."

You must have the settings backward? Steven, you are functionally illiterate, that's evident with the way you write. You need an adult literacy course, seriously.

I realize you are the victim of a US education system that fails most people, watch Oprah or 20/20, your own American TV shows have focused a lot of time on this issue.

R.

I have to come to the defence of the American people here, remember it's their gov't that does nutty things some times, individual Americans are a wonderful, warm, and generous, group for the most part.

I happen to live in a part of the US which was once dangerously close to becoming part of Canada.

Fortuneately Geo.Washington, while bungling up a diplomatic mission, thwarted this by starting a long and expensive war between France and England.

My folks were busy being forcibly annexed into the Russian Empire at the time, so we had no direct involvement.

Now that I've established my credentials as an American, I would like to mention that a few years back, a man was kicked to death in the men's room of a bar/restaurant here, because he expressed a lack of interest in football, the State Religion. This was not done as a government mandate, but as the individual inititive of sports fans.

It is not unusual for sports fans to celebrate a championship by gathering together to overturn and burn cars and to smash store windows.

Wonderful, warm and generous?

PS did you catch Norm MacDonald on 'The Daily Show' last night giving the crocodiles' perspective?

Edited by Leo Anthony Vale

Hi Richard,

To correct you, I´m 100% on your side, only I wouldn´t have used your harsh and offensive words.

But you should know that I´m so fed up with mainstream-attitudes, you can´t make statements with a grain of critic nowadays.

All of a sudden Irwin is put into the same category like Jacques-Yves Cousteau ( I think that was the "amazing" contribution of wiseacre D.A. Smith ).

Just think about what happened if Dian Fossey had handled the gorillas like Irwin handled every living creature ( including his kids ) ? Or if Cousteau had handled sharks and the likes this way ? He´d never turned 87 I think - but I forgot, Cousteau surely must have been a boring guy who never achieved anything.

Priyesh

But you should know that I´m so fed up with mainstream-attitudes, you can´t make statements with a grain of critic nowadays.

You talk about these mainstream attitudes as if they are in a certain group, like music or films. What's mainstream and what isn't doesn't matter, it's what you personally think.

All of a sudden Irwin is put into the same category like Jacques-Yves Cousteau ( I think that was the "amazing" contribution of wiseacre D.A. Smith ).

Are you talking about me here?

I happen to live in a part of the US which was once dangerously close to becoming part of Canada.

Fortuneately Geo.Washington, while bungling up a diplomatic mission, thwarted this by starting a long and expensive war between France and England.

What you don't want free healthcare? You make it sound like being annexed by Canada would be a bad thing :D

Hi Richard,

To correct you, I´m 100% on your side, only I wouldn´t have used your harsh and offensive words.

Just think about what happened if Dian Fossey had handled the gorillas like Irwin handled every living creature ( including his kids ) ? Or if Cousteau had handled sharks and the likes this way ? He´d never turned 87 I think - but I forgot, Cousteau surely must have been a boring guy who never achieved anything.

Priyesh

Great to hear, want to come over and I'll take you out to dinner? If 2-3 more people come over to my side I think I have the foundation for a mainstream argument :D

Irwin's stunts weren't so risky anyway. I know a guy who knew a guy who put all the equity from his home into gold futures. Now that's risky, the bloke lost everything and died penniless. I'd take "eaten by alligator" any day. Anyway I think it's time to put this thread down, we can keep hitting the tennis ball back and forth forever.

• Premium Member
Irwin's stunts weren't so risky anyway. I know a guy who knew a guy who put all the equity from his home into gold futures. Now that's risky, the bloke lost everything and died penniless. I'd take "eaten by alligator" any day. Anyway I think it's time to put this thread down, we can keep hitting the tennis ball back and forth forever.

Hi,

Thats speculation, just like investing in your own feature!

Stephen

Priyesh

Cousteau invented the scuba aqualung.

Unless Irwin was snorkeling, Cousteau was thus ultimeately responsible for his death.

Even if he was snorkeling, the cameraman had to have been using scuba gear.

Let's go trash some dive shops!!!