Tobin TXM 27 crystal synch

Bill Totolo

• Premium Member
Can this sync unit be used with a Beaulieu R-16? The unit in question comes with a Synchro pilote Beaulieu 60hz. made in France

Tobin TXM 27

That was made specifically for the Arriflex 16BL camera with a specific motor. I am not sure how you would alter it to work with a Beaulieu camera. Talk to Clive about it, he is the one who made the motor.

-Tim

That was made specifically for the Arriflex 16BL camera with a specific motor. I am not sure how you would alter it to work with a Beaulieu camera. Talk to Clive about it, he is the one who made the motor.

-Tim

to date the only cameras that can be retro fitted with a tobin motor is the beaulieu super8 cameras and the pathe cameras. thats with the bolex motor working from the outside.

Can this sync unit be used with a Beaulieu R-16?...

The TXM-27 is specific for the EMP or BLE motor fitted to an Arri 16-BL camera, which has a 6000 Hz tachometer feedback signal at 3000 RPM, and has specific needs as far as the driving signal back to the motor.

This is quite an advanced unit, with multiple crystal speeds that will be correct with any gear ratio including the "wrong" ones, and a 29.97 FPS speed with phase button for filming from video monitors.

But it would be very difficult to adapt it to any other camera.

I never offered a crystal control adaptation for Beaulieu, after I had a camera apart and noted all of the dozens of tiny wires running right next to a bunch of sharp gear teeth...

Well I guess you would know : )

Thanks for the straight answer.

Appreciated,

I don't know of all details of design of Beaulieu R-16,

but, if this camera have DC motor and have possibility to install of additional optical encoder i can think about modification with my crystal sync speed controllers.

That's why, if this idea interested for you, call me.