New Eclair NPR Super 16 PL mount

Martin Yernazian

Hellos Fellas well here we go, after a month and a half of waiting my NPR got here from Les Bosher's Lab in S Wales.

So first the camera looks great the conversions are amazing and the Pl mount is perfect , but I would let your question after the pictures talk

3 things before we start

a) the viewfinder is chipped, no worries is an easy fix, it came like that and the seller warn me about that

b ) One of the things that I didn't like about Les's conversion is how thin the new 1.85.1 marking is, in the day no problem, at night a serius bitch, but no worries again, Bernie I'm sending you the cam in a few months so you can do your magic with the LaserBritghen.

c) The plug of for the 4 pin xlr entrance got bend during the shipment, I wrote to Les about it but no response yet, my main concern is getting the part, I can fix it myself, any suggestions

There we go with the pics ( this my company's Flickr account

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18373832@N00/?saved=1

Check em out and tell me what you think, there is also pictures from old shoot, I hope you don't mind them

BEst

Edited by Martín Yernazian

• Premium Member
c) The plug of for the 4 pin xlr entrance got bend during the shipment, I wrote to Les about it but no response yet, my main concern is getting the part, I can fix it myself, any suggestions

Hi Martin,

to me it looks great, although I ain't no expert. I am just thinking of getting an Eclair NPR myself. I can't conjure up nearly enough dough to super size it right now, but we'll see what the future holds. Have you shot any footage yet?

As for the 4 pin XLR, its called XLR4 or XLA (IIRC) and the housing looks familiar to me. Maybe you'd be able to get in a good electronics store.

Hope thats helps, Dave

• Premium Member

You can order that type of XLR4 from Switchcraft.

They may make you buy in bulk, so you may want to contact Optical Elctro House, Whitehouse AV or Du-All which may have them in stock and won't force you to buy 15.

Guest Ian Marks

Martin, that looks great! I've always wondered how long a conversion like this would take - six weeks seems very reasonable, all things considered. I'm looking forward to having Les convert my Eclair ACL soon.

• Premium Member

Martin,

The camera looks sweet. Congratulations.

As far as those plugs, I've got some in stock. I think they are $75 each. :P

Nah, just kidding. I do have them in stock, so if you can't find one, let me know and I can get you one. Mine are chrome plated by the way, so you would have to paint it black if you want it to match the one that's on the camera now.

-Tim

Hey guys thanks for the words, I'm really happy myself, the cam runs great to I tested yesterday with that old ektachrome stock , welll is a dummy stock and you can really hear the camera is not that loud I did bought a barney for the cam just in case, I know I'm going to need it

One thing for sure it is heavy, but it will force me to buff up hehe , I just come back from the street where I was trying the 3 Canon lenses that I have left ( the rest where stolen from a friend 12 of them, so pretty pissed from that but encourage to save and buy a set of Optar Illumina for my Pl mount, So to save again.

I have a great story ready to shoot once I'm done with my feature doc after this summer, so I will give you updates as when that comes

Thanks everyone for the advice with xlr4 I will be sending Tim a check for 75 bucks right away! ( yeah sure)

Best

Thanks Alain , I know he did a great Job the cam doesn't leave my site , ever I love it, right know I'm working on a custom handle from the side of the NPR something that it would hold it much better

do you have any ideas?

2) do you remember how many mags I can go trough with those little batteries that you sold me with the cam?

and how many for the big one?

Those smaller batteries should do 1.5 mags (or roughly 600'), so two will do about 3 mags.

The charger is a slow charge (overnight). Remember to cycle the batteries once a month if they

are sitting on the shelf. Run the power down, and then charge to full capacity... it will extend the life of the

NiCD cells.

-Alain