Blade Runner Final Cut

I can't wait to see the "never before seen" footage. I recently purchased the book "Future Noir: the Making of Blade Runner" - great book with lots of how-they-did-it.

Here's a link to a chapter that didn't make it in the first print. It's got a section on Jordan Cronenweth (the show's DoP):

http://scribble.com/uwi/br/fn/fn-ch8.html

• Premium Member
I really prefer the version featuring Harrison Ford's narration - it adds so much to the film.

Yeah it "adds something" all right... <_<

But everyone's entitled to their own opinion and taste, no personal offense intended.

Love the movie. Love the shot of Darryl Hannah where she is frozen then snaps here head impossibly to face the camera/audience. Great creepy incam effect.

So which version is this: Definitive Edition 2.0 or 2.1?

Love the movie. Love the shot of Darryl Hannah where she is frozen then snaps here head impossibly to face the camera/audience. Great creepy incam effect.

So which version is this: Definitive Edition 2.0 or 2.1?

All the information on this release that you could possibly want can be found on TheDigitalBits.com

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/br2007/announce.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Stephen Murphy

theres a review here and some frame grabs of the restored footage which look stunning. This is the movie that made me want to be a DP. Personally i cant wait for the HDDVD of this release. Does anybody know if there are plans for the limited theatrical release to go international or is it just New York/LA?

• Premium Member

... I was lucky enough to see it when it first came out in the cinema - I skived' off school and hitched a lift with a schoolmate... really caught my imagination from the first frame and we stayed on to see it a second time...

One thing (amongst the many brilliant things) that still sticks out is the continuity 'gaffes' (?) in the great fight between Pris and Deckard. It cuts between wides of Daryl Hannah wearing no leggings and in the close-ups, as she tries to suffocate Deckard, she is wearing tights... I could never understand that... anyone know the story behind this? - there must be a good reason, surely?!