using c-mount/arri/camflex lenses on DSLR

Justin Lovell

• Premium Member
Anyone know if there is an adapter that will allow me to use Cmount lenses on a nikon DSLR? (they don't have a full 35mm frame, so using my cmount primes or camlflex/arri mount lenses would be really cool).

Hi Justin,

I doubt that you could easily adapt c mount lenses. These have a very small flange focal distance (FFD), 17.526mm. The Nikon has an FFD of 46.5 mm. So you'd theoretically have to move the lens farther in, which would conflict with the mirror, but is practically impossible anyway. So you'd need some kind of relay lens.

The Arri mounts all have an FFD of 52mm so you'd just need something to move you lens a little farther away from the "film plane" to correct for that. But you'd have to use 35mm cine lenses as the usual 16mm or S16 lenses won't cover APS-C (the sensor type in Nikons current DSLRs).

IIRC there is a still camera that can be fitted with a PL mount. Will check that.

Cheers, Dave

• 4 years later...

I've occasionally seen on eBay an Arri=>Leica M mount adapter, which allows one to use an Arri std.mt. on a digital Leica. The ffl for Leica M is between 28 and 29mm.

The set normally has an Arri lens in the adapter.

HI

i

Just saw this post from a long time ago... :P

I'm looking for ADAPTER for Arri STD LENS to NIKON F MOUNT DSLR cameras.

Does anybody knows any?

Thanks,

Flavio

HI

i

Just saw this post from a long time ago... :P

I'm looking for ADAPTER for Arri STD LENS to NIKON F MOUNT DSLR cameras.

Does anybody knows any?

Thanks,

Flavio

Try Les Bosher as the master adapter maker in the UK. If he doesn't already do what you want, then assuming it's possible he'll be able to do one-off specials as well.