Film Out for F900R?

Daniel Dailey

Hi,

A client of mine is wondering if there is a place he could download settings that would best suit a film out from an F900R. He is well versed in film but fairly new to HD, and will not have DIT on set. As such, he would prefer to have something he can simply upload and rely on. I have of course suggested settings to him, and am not opposed to making a card myself, but as I am more familiar with these cameras in an ENG/EFP setting, I thought I would try my luck here first. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
Daniel - contact me off-forum and I'll send you a set of good basic settings for the 900R courtesy of Alan Roberts ex-BBC.

Clive North

UK - Lighting Cameraman

clivenemail-digger@yahoo.co.uk

hi Clive,

i have a same Daniel problem can you help me please, :(

Many thanks

Kamal G.Terro

kamalterro@hotmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

If you have a library near you, there's a book called "High Definition Cinematography" by Paul Wheeler which has the menus of the F900R laid out in it AND the settings used by Panavision UK when they send out their F900s. I don't like to plug, but I'm not going to copy out that chapter of the book on here either.

Best.

Hi Guys,

If you have a library near you, there's a book called "High Definition Cinematography" by Paul Wheeler which has the menus of the F900R laid out in it AND the settings used by Panavision UK when they send out their F900s. I don't like to plug, but I'm not going to copy out that chapter of the book on here either.

Best.

Unless there's new edition, Paul Wheeler's book has settings for the F900v3 rather than the F900R.

Unless there's new edition, Paul Wheeler's book has settings for the F900v3 rather than the F900R.

You're very likely right about that one, there is a new edition (V3) of the book coming out, but I don't know if that particular section has been updated or not.

However, I am appreciative of those other settings! I am going to be testing out a 750P for the first time (on my own) tomorrow, so I will see how closely the menus line up...

You're very likely right about that one, there is a new edition (V3) of the book coming out, but I don't know if that particular section has been updated or not.

However, I am appreciative of those other settings! I am going to be testing out a 750P for the first time (on my own) tomorrow, so I will see how closely the menus line up...

Unfortunately, the HDW 750 doesn't have the same menus as the F900 or the f900R. Check out Alan Roberts settings for the HDW 750 at BBC White papers 034, he gives a number of options.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp034-add6.shtml