My opinion of the RED One

Joe Walker

• Premium Member
I was doing nonlinear editing, compositing and effects on Amigas before anyone had even heard of nonlinear editing...

Somehow never got around to uninstalling the A4000. It's still in the rack.

P

cough cough, Deluxe Paint?...LOL

• Premium Member
Interesting Color by Deluxe ! Was that in the days when all skin tones were Yellow and shadows Blue what a fantastic lab that was [ Not ] when owned by Fox.

Hi John, I think Stephen was doing a commercial for DULUX paint

• Premium Member
Incorrect, the Amiga shipped in 1985, not 1982. You're confusing it with the Commodore 64.

Well, I didn't mean the shipping was done in 1985, I more was referring to the start of the Amiga company. They were bought out in 1985 by Commodore.

Well, I didn't mean the shipping was done in 1985, I more was referring to the start of the Amiga company. They were bought out in 1985 by Commodore.

November '84, but that's splitting hairs. 8) Gotcha. In any case, a brilliant computer, brought down by bone-headedness of the management. (they fired the CEO that saved the company, for example)

Gosh, I had no idea about the Amiga carrying on like this. The related forums are not a good place to kid about it either. I didn't even try. Chuckles are okay, here, generally.

Now, imagine when I worked for Genesi, who were making a neo-Amiga system (new OS with an Amiga compatibility layer, so we'd have a legacy pool of apps to start with) only to be met with attacks! You want to see culture shock? Here we were, making them a new system, and were attacked!

• Premium Member
if you had a notion of what people are referring to in their posts, you would probably be more impressed with the kind of knowledge and expertise being posted since you don't, you comment on 'egos'.

anyone who can hack on an Amiga, Spectrum 48K, VIC 20 etc is impressive. these are 'old school' people who know how things work on lowest level, rather than programmers today who can't do anything without a GUI. we are posting to take the mickey out of things.

On that subject, here are a couple of blasts from the past:

trs80model16wf1.jpg

harddisksa6.jpg

(And no, those pictures are not altered in any way - they were taken out of an Australian 1982 Tandy/Radio Shack catalogue, back when our dollar was worth slightly more than the greenback!)

And people complain about the price of RED accessories....

On that subject, here are a couple of blasts from the past:

trs80model16wf1.jpg

harddisksa6.jpg

(And no, those pictures are not altered in any way - they were taken out of an Australian 1982 Tandy/Radio Shack catalogue, back when our dollar was worth slightly more than the greenback!)

And people complain about the price of RED accessories....

Hey, I own one of those and two of the HD's for it!!!

And I bet you're still paying it off :lol:

Does it run RedCine?

Actually, got em for free when I used to deliver pizzas as a kid. Someone had it in their entryway, I asked about them, next thing I knew, they were in my car.

One hell of a tip let me tell you...

Hate to show my age, but the Model 16 was years after I got my first original TRS-80, the one that used a cassette tape to store programs (no one stored files in those days!) and a telephone handset as a 300 baud modem. My computer was tricked out with 16K (plus 1K of RAM for the screen resolution) and was later upgraded to a blazing 48K. The later Model 16 used 8" floppy disks and boy was it easy to damage them if you didn't slide them straight in.