Film vs Red (lighthearted)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

On CML?!? Holy..., this Red vs Cine gets lower and lower...

I am unsure how a film extract (with explicit German original sound that makes bilingual watching a bit disturbing) that has as its theme the mechanised mass extermination and killing of humans on an unprecedented scale not that long ago, relates to a wannabe slapstick comment from a Dubai expat compositor on the stupid Red vs Cine debate and having a "bad day at the boutique post office"... Rotoscoping = SS torture :blink:, Hitler as rep of a cine-film chain?

At least this shows how intelligent, classy and funny Mel Brooks or Charlie Chaplin or John "Herr Hilter" Cleese once were! Lighthearted, my word!

Must be a generation thing, I guess :huh: .

Since these Red vs Cine threads spilled out of the RED forum into every other themed subforum, the level of this board has really dipped a bit.

-Michael

*Expects flaming for these comments as being an unwitty & unfunny Kraut*

• Premium Member
Michael,

That's a bit heavy!

I don't think that that was the meaning behind this......

Hey,

I know, Serge, that this wasn't the meaning behind this!

But that is exactly my point...

As I said, must be a generation thingy :)

Salut à toi,

-Michael

• Premium Member

I though it was hilarious... it's the juxtaposition of the trivialness of commercial filmmaking over the biggest horror of the 20th century that makes it funny. Besides, Monty Python weren't above making Hitler jokes.

It helps, however, that I can't understand German.

• Premium Member

It's exacty that juxtaposition that worked well for Chaplin, Brooks or Cleese, but with original material and never devoid of a unmistaking political message they wanted to hammer home.

As I wrote above, John Cleese as "Herr Hilter"... glorious (I have a YouTube link, but am not at my personal machine right now). Or "The Funniest Joke in the World" sketch... great!

Not sure that the motivation for the juxtaposition here is of the same league and kinda... well, dare I say it..., c'mon Michael, you can do it... it's just the t-word..., *breath*..: "tasteful".

It's exacty that juxtaposition that worked well for Chaplin, Brooks or Cleese, but with original material and never devoid of a unmistaking political message they wanted to hammer home.

As I wrote above, John Cleese as "Herr Hilter"... glorious (I have a YouTube link, but am not at my personal machine right now). Or "The Funniest Joke in the World" sketch... great!

Not sure that the motivation for the juxtaposition here is of the same league and kinda... well, dare I say it..., c'mon Michael, you can do it... it's just the t-word..., *breath*..: "tasteful".

Well, I'm certainly sorry to have upset you, Michael, by posting this link. However, I have to say that perhaps you are taking it a little too seriously.

One of the most hilarious things I've ever seen!

"Digital commies!!" I always knew Hitler was a film supporter, with an endorsement like that how can film loose?

R,

Man, what are you some of you film diehards going to do when Sony, Panavision, Arri, etc, start churning out 4K+ RAW digital cinema cameras? I notice that "Red" and "Jannard" have sort of been adopted here as boogymen. :)

Man, what are you some of you film diehards going to do when Sony, Panavision, Arri, etc, start churning out 4K+ RAW digital cinema cameras? I notice that "Red" and "Jannard" have sort of been adopted here as boogymen. :)

This clip is a JOKE, nothing more. It is just as scathing about film as it is about RED. Let's not use it as yet another excuse for a pointless row about film vs. digital. Jeez.

Not buy or use one. Next question.

R,

This clip is a JOKE, nothing more. It is just as scathing about film as it is about RED. Let's not use it as yet another excuse for a pointless row about film vs. digital. Jeez.

I'm not even talking about the clip! Jeez. I saw it yesterday at reduser and loved it.

I'm talking about the convenient target that "Jannard" and "Red" make for chemical film lovers here. They have become the de facto boogymen for anti-digital people. My point was, once this 4K+ technology saturates the cinema industry, who will be the boogyman?

• Premium Member
I thought it was great Stuart , you must remember that Americans dont get sarcasm or anything subtle , just look at the rubbish so called comedies we get to watch released over here. :(

Haha! <_< Echeeemmm.

I thought it was great. :rolleyes:

I'm not even talking about the clip! Jeez. I saw it yesterday at reduser and loved it.

I'm talking about the convenient target that "Jannard" and "Red" make for chemical film lovers here. They have become the de facto boogymen for anti-digital people. My point was, once this 4K+ technology saturates the cinema industry, who will be the boogyman?

apparently it might be......

• Premium Member

Jeez, this tit for tat is getting really annoying. Everyone is to blame for it. Taking a shot at "chemical film lovers" and "anti-digital people", Tom, is no better than taking a shot at RED or Jannard, so how is that counterattack going to help mend friggin fences???

All it does is add to the continual drawing of lines in the sand.

Someone is going to have to start acting like an adult here and knock it off. Tom, you can't be responsible for the other guy if he doesn't want to grow up.

• Premium Member
David i think the only answer [ i know it is for me and always has been ] is to see a movie shot all way thru on Red One and shown on a large screen. Just dont know which one that is going to be ?

Well, to get a more accurate impression, you'd want to see a couple, not just one...

I'm guessing the first ones will start showing up in theaters by the end of the year.