Arri SR-1/Double perf stock

Vernon Rudolph

• Premium Member
It has been hard to find 16mm double perforated film stock to use with an Arriflex SR-1. Does anyone have recommendations for a double perf color negative and a processing lab that will still process double perf?

Welcome to the forum! In your control panel, you should change your display name to your full first and last name. It's a forum rule and was in the stuff you read to register.

I'm pretty sure you can still get 2R stock. It's just that many retailers don't stock it. On Kodak's website you can find the motion picture division rep for your area. I would call him/her. They are usually extremely helpful. If you're looking for fuji stocks I'm sure they have a similar system.

Edited by Chris Keth

It has been hard to find 16mm double perforated film stock to use with an Arriflex SR-1. Does anyone have recommendations for a double perf color negative and a processing lab that will still process double perf?

Vernon,

You do know that a SR-1 is set for single perf? It has always been that way from the 1st SR-1 made. Same with all Arri 16mm cameras from the 50's forward.

All labs process single or double perf, no problem there.

I'm curious as to why you would want double perf in this day and age.

Charlie

Vernon,

You do know that a SR-1 is set for single perf? It has always been that way from the 1st SR-1 made. Same with all Arri 16mm cameras from the 50's forward.

All labs process single or double perf, no problem there.

I'm curious as to why you would want double perf in this day and age.

Charlie

My buddy suggested that I use his SR-1 for a project coming up but mentioned that it was set for double perf. I haven't shot 16mm in years so I just went with it. That is the only reason I was looking into double perforated stock. I would be more than happy to find out that his camera is single perf after all.

• Premium Member

Take the mag off of the back and inch the film forward. . . chances are you'll only see 1 claw.

To be totally safe, load some dummy film in that's 1R and see if it goes through; but as mentioned all the SRs should be 1R. I've never heard of/seen a 2R SR, unless it's some strange high-speed version I'm not aware of.

• Premium Member

Vernon,

All Arriflex 16SR cameras are single perf. They never made a double perf Arriflex 16SR. I service those cameras and the way they are designed, you couldn't get a second pulldown claw and registration pin in there even if you wanted to.

No worries with an Arriflex 16SR and single perf film.

Best,

-Tim