G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Director: Stephen Sommers

Director of photography: Mitchell Amundsen

G.I. Joe Super Bowl spot

Thoughts?

Well now I know its going to be as bad as I thought it would be... and knowing is half the battle!

(If you picked that up you probably grew up with a bowl of cereal in front of GI Joe just like me, doesn't mean Ill see the film)

Well now I know its going to be as bad as I thought it would be... and knowing is half the battle!

(If you picked that up you probably grew up with a bowl of cereal in front of GI Joe just like me, doesn't mean Ill see the film)

It's just wrong. All wrong. The only thing they got right... is Snake Eyes. Destro is some lanky wimp . No mask. Destro, with no mask , WTF !! The cool thing about the cartoon and comics was that each soldier/bad guy had thier own weapons/costume/abilities. The Hollywood movie looks like some X-men rip-off, with those lame-@$# tight black leather jumpsuits. Some things should be left alone..Like "The Last Dragon" remake they are about to churn out . ARGHH!!!

I was unaware the military even HAD a bondage unit, the 101st S&M

This must be Lieutenant Yes Mistress

SargentSpankMe.jpg

And Sargent Spank Me

GIJoeBondageunit.jpg

Am I excited about seeing this movie?

GIJoeBondage2fulllength.jpg

OH Yeah :D

So, I guess, once again, T & A is supposed to cloud my judgement?

I'll say it anyway...What the hell is that?

You got the link wrong:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/375/

LMFAO

Those are good.

Trying somewhat to relate this back to cinematography; I was shooting a couple of years ago and there was an old fridge onset which one of the crew climbed inside. I warned them not to close the door because you can get stuck ( which proved to be false ) and then it struck me that the only reason I thought this was because when I was 6 years old or so I saw this on tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KXCD5BQiM4

Stuck with me for life and I regurgitated it years later. I remember the Ice one with the branch aswell. Groan; scary to think this stuff has any effect you.

AgalinaJolieLauraCraft.jpg

Pamela_Anderson_Barb_Wire.jpg

ultraviolet.jpg

NataliePortman-StarWars.jpg

returns3.jpg

3ywa3ax.jpg

So, I guess, once again, T & A is supposed to cloud my judgment?

Fabtastic4Alba.jpg

SinCityAlba.jpg

Ah...YEAH, that's why they put it on the poster. :rolleyes: Besides, how ELSE are you gonna get a 14 year old boy......and his father.......to go watch a movie about GI Joes and get a 10 year old boy who couldn't get his mom to let his dad take him to the GI Joe movie to buy the girl GI Joe action figure?? :blink:

Edited by James Steven Beverly

• 6 months later...

Just watched this today. It was ok whilst the popcorn lasted but then once it was over it just evaporated from my psyche. As expected...paint by numbers script, generic battle scenes and really cheap looking CGI. Quite mediocre actually in the end. No way near as bad as Transformers though! I felt like they ripped a lot of shots from Star Wars in the end. It was bearable whilst I was watching it but I only realized how truely meaningess this film is when I watched High School Musical later in the evening and realized that it was more enjoyable to watch and had more to say!...Now that is saying something! I think the term 'creatively bankrupt' comes to mind when describing GI Joe.

One of the critics highlighted in Rotten Tomatoes said it best when he said something along the lines of.... one the best films of this action/adventure genre was made a few years ago and it will never be surpassed. And they destroyed the Eiffel Tower as well. I think he's right! He was talking about Team America. Ha ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE-5v1C--kk

America F*** Yeah!

Ha Ha! Now that is what I call genius!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tim Partridge
OOOPPPSS forgot this one

Don't forget Carrie Moss in the Matrix or especially Uma Thurman in the Avengers movie (the Sienna Miller costume above is a dead ringer).