Super 8 video

Toby Edwards

I tried the link and it gave an out of commission notice. The still looks pretty darn nice however.

Alessandro

Sorry to hear the link didn't work for you. I tried it from my Macbook. no trouble. Not sure why it didn't work?

If you go to Vimeo and look in the Super 8 HD group it should be a new upload. Or you might be able to search my name and find it.

Thanks

Toby

Edited by Toby Edwards

• Premium Member

It worked now.

Absolutely Tremendous colors, the facial tones are spectacular.

I wish you could have nailed the focus a little more often on the two actors. One of the aspects that you use so well here is being able to use the background groundscape as the actual background. Super-8 excels in this type of environment because the overall contrast of the scene is dramatically reduced when the greens of the ground become the actual background.

Now about that focus...

It worked now.

Absolutely Tremendous colors, the facial tones are spectacular.

I wish you could have nailed the focus a little more often on the two actors. One of the aspects that you use so well here is being able to use the background groundscape as the actual background. Super-8 excels in this type of environment because the overall contrast of the scene is dramatically reduced when the greens of the ground become the actual background.

Now about that focus...

Thanks for the comments Alessandro.

Ya about the focus.

Unfortunately I only shot 150' of film, so I had to use what I had to fill a 3.5 min song.

Super 8 is just awesome. I flat out love it. The only thing with this is that your focus is really off most of the time and that's a shame.

Pro8mm's transfer looks good. I have heard some nasty first hand complaints about them recently.

• Premium Member

Super 8 is definitely the new 16.

I wonder how much noise/grain reduction they used on that? I would have expected more noticeable grain.

Would have liked to have seen something more dramatic when the chorus hit, like her spinning around or something but overall it had a nice feel.

Super 8 is definitely the new 16.

I wonder how much noise/grain reduction they used on that? I would have expected more noticeable grain.

Would have liked to have seen something more dramatic when the chorus hit, like her spinning around or something but overall it had a nice feel.

Thanks Will.

Yes. I did use a noise filter on this.

Toby

Veeeeeery nice.

I guess this was shot with 24fps? And would you mind posting a still of a frame without the applied noise filter?

Friedemann

Thank you.

Actually most of this was shot at 70fps.

Here is a still of the original with no filters or cropping.

post-21099-0-62787700-1299716874.jpg

Edited by Toby Edwards