Gerry Anderson

John Holland

Years ago, I ran across this book about the behind the scenes of several of his TV productions:

http://www.amazon.com/Filmed-Supermarionation-History-Stephen-Riviere/dp/1932563237/ref=sr_1_15?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356565329&sr=1-15&keywords=gerry+anderson

It was very cool to see the scale of the models and sets in relation to the ARRIFLEX 2C's sitting nearby.

Thanks for the wonderful images that bootsed my imagination as a kid AND as an adult.

Rest In Peace Mr. Gerry Anderson.

• Premium Member

I used to subscribe to a magazine called "Sci-Fi and Fantasy Models", which seemed to have an item on modelling the Eagle transporter from Space:1999 more or less every month.

Probably I'll be taken as an inexcusable parvenue for holding this opinion, but my heart belongs to Captain Scarlet. Yes, the show. Not the character. In certain other countries, the Captain Scarlet franchise of multimillion-dollar movies would already have been rebooted at least once.

• Premium Member

I started with Thunderbirds , thinking that most people on here are to young to have heard of the earlier ones you quoted Brian.

Aha! I can (vaguely) remember "Torchy the Battery Boy":

Torchy Torchy the battery boy,

I'm a Walkie-Talkie toy!

(Something-or-other Somehting-or-other)

See my light ... start.to. gleam...

It's the most magic light

You-u-u've ever seen!

Which must make me an even older fart than you :-) :lol: