Yet another new member, Student Cinematographer no less, that wants us to do his homework for them.

Here's one: Why have LED lighting fixtures been almost unanimously adopted by the theater and touring show world, but not in film and video production?

• Premium Member

What is the theoretical limit to dynamic range on an idealized CMOS imager.

How did the digitization of life and the proliferation of connectiveness change the form of narrative films.

Does the rise of smart phones and the ability of everyone to form moving images change the way films are directed

How has digital production and distribution effected archiving of film.

is hollywood dead-- the rise of netflix drama.

there you go; theres some ideas. Of course if your professor uses one of those plagiarism checkers, there's a good chance your name will pop up with this discussion, so if you did use any of these titles or ideas-- you may well be in a spot of trouble.

• Upvote 1

Of course if your professor uses one of those plagiarism checkers, there's a good chance your name will pop up with this discussion, so if you did use any of these titles or ideas-- you may well be in a spot of trouble.

The best possible outcome.

• Premium Member

Depends on the professor. A few in my anthropology track failed for the semester students who did such things. Personally, I'd really want a student to come up with their own idea-- and i'd not accept anything from them which wasn't an original research idea. I think it's substantially harder to figure out the original object to research then it is to cull information, but again, just me.

+1 to what Adrian has said.

More respect would be gained from the professor if the OP went to him, stating that he had hit a mental roadblock, sought ideas from others and presented them as possible research questions for his approval.

Edited by JD Hartman

• Premium Member

I would like to weigh in on this, as a student of the past 30 years school systems. After having to dig my way out, and teach myself what I know by reading actual books and studying the work of others; I now think I have some small understanding of what the issues regarding these students asking questions are:

It appears that after so many years of teachers "teaching to a test", that students think the proper way to acquire original information is to ask someone - as they have literally been handed all the information they need from school day one. So how does one combat the dismissal of abstract thought? First year university students seem also to not have any ability to function in social situations,

much less the self driven academic world of the university classroom as they have never been taught this stuff.

Of course, these are just my thoughts from observing middle and high school students from the last 15 years. Did any of that make sense? It's early, more coffee please.

• Premium Member

Besides all that, where's the fun in having someone else pick the project that you are going to research?

My graduate thesis came to me quite by accident but when I decided to pursue it as such, I owned it. I became a master of the subject over four years of research and I take pride in it still.

With respect to all of the people who have offered ideas here, if you really want to learn, Junior, you will not use any of the ideas that have been given to you here. Read, watch and be inspired by something that speaks to you.