Wanted: Camera Technician who can fix a Kinor 16 CX-3M

As the title already indicates, I'm looking for a camera technician who can fix a Kinor 16 CX-3M. The mechanics seem to work fine, yet when I power up the camera nothing happens.

I'm based in Belgium, e.g. a European camera technician would be preferred, but I'm happy to hear get any kind of recommendation.

Thanks for your help,

A

• Premium Member

yeah Olex is great for Kinor servicing. The original motors can be quite unreliable when in bad condition and there may be something wrong with the circuit board. My 3m motor had broken insulation lacquer on the capacitors and a screwdriver scratch damaged circuit board which made it work with inconstant speed ( I was able to fix it by myself but took some time and lots of testing). You may want to upgrade to the Olex's chrystal sync motor if the motor part itself is fine and only the circuit board is faulty.

You did double check the fuse and power connector polarity before testing? wrong polarity may fry the electronics which is why so many eBay motors for these cameras are in unusable condition, someone has just attached them to a car battery for "testing" without checking first which wire is + and which is - , the Russian stuff does not normally have polarity protection so it is a blown fuse or complete mess and destroyed electronics depending on which particular equipment is in question and how lucky you are <_<