Film jobs website

Guest Jim Patterson

Guest Jim Patterson

A friend of mine told me about a website dedicated to film crews and film job advertising. I can't remember the exact address but it had a funny girls name. Does anybody no of this website?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

one of my favorite Mandy NY adds was for a "an experienced DP who owns an HD camera and lighting gear to work in rural New Jersey this weekend for the next 5 weeks. No transportation will be provided and no pay." Sounds pretty good to me...

The balls on some of the "people" who post adds on that site are simply enormous. It goes back to my biggest pet peeve in this business which is the concept that anyone with a half of an idea and no money for a movie some how has a "right" to make a movie and ask the world to drop everything and work for free on their silly project. Making a movie is a privilage; not a right. And if you don't have either lots of money or lots of talented friends who want to help you then go home. PLEASE.

FB

one of my favorite Mandy NY adds was for a "an experienced DP who owns an HD camera and lighting gear to work in rural New Jersey this weekend for the next 5 weeks. No transportation will be provided and no pay." Sounds pretty good to me...

The balls on some of the "people" who post adds on that site are simply enormous. It goes back to my biggest pet peeve in this business which is the concept that anyone with a half of an idea and no money for a movie some how has a "right" to make a movie and ask the world to drop everything and work for free on their silly project. Making a movie is a privilage; not a right. And if you don't have either lots of money or lots of talented friends who want to help you then go home. PLEASE.

FB

Indeed indeed. Admittedly, a project I'm working on is minimal budget, but I'm also not begging people to lend themselves and their HD gear for it either. I went out and bought my own equipment, and using it myself, if it doesn't do well, the only one out anything is me.

In the UK for no-budget geurilla filmmaking shootingpeople is quite good as long as you don't mind shooting for free just for the practice; they are not paid jobs usually but if you are still learning you usually get at least some actors, lights, a camera and a script...

http://shootingpeople.org/index.php

Edited by MorganPeline

• Premium Member

Hi my name is Frank Anthony and i am putting together a small crew to join me in a once in a life time opportunity. I am trying something that no one has done before and need help putting it together. If i tried to explain everthing on this ad it would take forever. I will tell you this, it is a project where the sky is the limit, creativity is a very big plus. I need people who are spontaneous, creative, and have a stong desire and passion for the film industry. Like i said this has never been done before and you never know what will come of it. (**if you have no strings attached here, that would be best**)

Contact info: Please email if interested...again this is a very serious ad and i hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Frank Anthony

Job location is CHICAGO/CALIFORNIA

Compensation: You have to be a risk taker and belive me it will be worth it. There is no pay at this time, im not even getting paid it is for the dream.

You can count on this guy to pay your rent!

>I am trying something that no one has done before<

hmmm, let me guess, a no-budget mini-dv feature ("I just bought and XL-2!") with a half-baked script about a recent traumatic breakup with a girlfriend, no funding and the Sundance issue of "Moviemaker" magazine tucked under one arm...

ok, that was mean.

• Premium Member

The San Francisco area craigslist video/film "job" listings can be very depressing: Work is available, but usually for little or no pay.

http://www.craigslist.org/tfr/

http://www.craigslist.org/cwg/

Ocassionally there are jobs listed there which pay reasonable amounts, but these are few and far between.

Keeping a stiff upper lip,

- Peter DeCrescenzo

• 1 month later...
A friend of mine told me about a website dedicated to film crews and film job advertising. I can't remember the exact address but it had a funny girls name. Does anybody no of this website?

I think that you are looking for the www.mandys.com web site. They have an extensive range of functions for the film industry.