Arriflex (16 S/ST?) parts

Heikki Repo

I have come into possession of a selection of Arriflex (16 S/ST?) spare parts. See here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ytykMiEUZ3u4RPg4StB3oGdXMoCQ1_59?usp=sharing

If you have the time and enthusiasm, you may comment on the photos what those parts are. I myself have nearly nonexistent knowledge of Arriflex innards.

Also, if someone has a need for some of these, please drop me a line - I'm certainly open to selling ?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There has to be a story behind this, that I want to hear!

Still going through the pictures to see if there are any I need, but in the meantime these may help you:

http://backglass.org/duncan/arri/paperwork/arri_16st_parts_manual_october_1969_german.pdf

http://backglass.org/duncan/arri/paperwork/arri_16bl_parts_manual_october_1967_german.pdf

In picture 221158, parts labeled "I-11" are brushes for the governor controlled (constant speed) 16S motor - I would like 2 or 3 pairs of those.  

In 221300 those appear to be rubber motor couplings for the !6S, I would take 2 or 3 of those.

In 221307 there are plastic domes for the Pilotone bulb on the 16S - I need one of those.

In 221319 someone already labeled the leather pull tags for 16S magazines - I need one of those.

In 221600 there are viewfinder flaps for the 16S - I could use one of those.

In 221601 there are latch semicircle springs for the 16S magazines, I could use one of those.

In 221610 those appear to be the little piece of metal and light seal that cover the top of the gate in a 16S main body cavity - I could use one of those.

Let me know if you're willing to sell all that for a reasonable price, including packing it all in a little box and shipping it to near Chicago in the US ?

Thanks,

Duncan

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Duncan Brown said:

In 221300 those appear to be rubber motor couplings for the !6S, I would take 2 or 3 of those.

As you pointed out to me later, I was seeing that wrong in the picture - those are felt covered, and therefore magazine rollers, not rubber drive couplings.  It was the washers that threw me off, they looked like the ones down inside the drive couplings.

Duncan

Many thanks to Duncan!

There are some things that don't show up in the photos above but I'd assume are not that commonplace: a couple of parts in paper wrappings, most likely never used and new -- for example, an aperture plate and two of those "pyramid" mirrors.

Hi how are you? I hope you are well, Hey, I'm interested in buying some parts of the one you have.

IMG_20220103_221307 /  1part

IMG_20220103_221446 / 1 part

IMG_20220103_221538 / 1part

IMG_20220103_221600 / 1 part

I am in laredo tx and I can make payment by paypal.

Greetings and I look forward to your comments.

38 minutes ago, Alex Aguilera said:

Hi how are you? I hope you are well, Hey, I'm interested in buying some parts of the one you have.

IMG_20220103_221307 /  1part

IMG_20220103_221446 / 1 part

IMG_20220103_221538 / 1part

IMG_20220103_221600 / 1 part

I am in laredo tx and I can make payment by paypal.

Greetings and I look forward to your comments.

Hi Alex, I'll get back to you as soon as I have checked the parts you listed :) Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Uli Meyer said:

I'm looking for a long-shaped bulb that goes into the start marker lamp. Have you seen anything like that in your treasure trove?

Do you happen to have a reference photo? I could check all paper wrapped parts to verify. Otherwise it's only what I have there in the photos...

4 hours ago, Uli Meyer said:

I'm looking for a long-shaped bulb that goes into the start marker lamp. Have you seen anything like that in your treasure trove?

Alas, it seems there are no bulbs. Sorry :(

It seems my treasure trove pretty much lacks all electric parts...

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Heikki Repo said:

Alas, it seems there are no bulbs. Sorry ?

It seems my treasure trove pretty much lacks all electric parts...

Hi Heikki, thank you kindly for checking! Much appreciated. 

• Like 1