Help me date this photo of a camera store in Glendale, CA please.

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Been very busy trying to clean up and reorganize my workspaces / life. I'm like a Japanese person living in Tokyo...every square inch of new space I can get counts. So have been neglecting my forums. I've been working on the camera store photo collection and found this one. What is your estimate as to date?

Camera%20Store%20Glendale%20CA%20D.D.Teo

DDTJRAC - Click to enlarge

Happy Holidays to all the esteemed members and thanks for your participation at the forum!

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.

Hi!

I don’t see any SLRs - only box- and folding cameras. And the movie cameras have two or three lenses (=no zoom). Given the dresses and the devices, I would say somewhen between 1945 and 1955.

Some of the photos hanging on the wall on the right hand side look familiar to me. Aren’t these Hollywood actresses?

Merry Christmas 

Jörg

8 hours ago, Simon Wyss said:

Left top you have a Movie-Mite 63 projector which appeared end 1945 or early 1946. This model seems to have a different motor, so could be a little later.

The women’s shortened sleeves put us to 1951-52.

There is a lady professor at Notre Dame that I could ask about the fashions. She teaches fashion history or some such thing. But you have to pay a consulting fee for every inquiry.

I wrote to a curator at a Black museum about some questions I had relating to early sheet music. He told me to buy his book as an answer. So good to have forums to bounce things off of.

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.