Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Beard

WTB Kern Switar 10mm f/1.6 RX Lens

I'm looking to buy a Kern Switar 10mm f/1.6 RX lens in good condition. Ideally looking for the later Preset version but open to any RX copy. Shoot me a PM or email (jordan@canopyfilms.com) if you've got one that you're happy to part with!

If you are looking for a 10mm lens plus 5,7, you should also consider the "Aspheron" super wide lens, which transformes the 1,6/10mm Switar into a 5,5mm lens.

Needs the preset Switar with extended close focussing. I have this combo with my S-16 Bolex RX4, super sharp, nearly no distortion.

It's worth a trial.

Volker

3 minutes ago, Volker Bendt said:

If you are looking for a 10mm lens plus 5,7, you should also consider the "Aspheron" super wide lens, which transformes the 1,6/10mm Switar into a 5,5mm lens.

Thanks for that suggestion Volker. I hadn’t heard of the wide angle adapter for the Switar— sounds like a great option!

As far as I know, all Aspheron lenses in various sizes were manufactured by Schneider Kreuznach, distributed by Kern for Bolex Switar, Zeiss for Super Speed 9,5 / 12 and Vari- Sonnar and most common ( and cheap )for Nizo / Beaulieu and Leicina S -8 cameras  as Ultrawide size I-III with filter threads 49 / 52 / 55/ 62 / 67 mm.

The Kern Aspheron is not easy to find (I will keep mine), but Nizo Ultrawide  I or II might also fit the Switar 10, if you find a filter adapter.

Good luck,

Volker