WTB: Bridge plate + Dovetail

Boris Kalaidjiev

@Dirk DeJonghe wow proaim’s bridge plates are so much cheaper then anything else out there right now. Are you happy with the build quality and usability? Initially
I was planning on getting this one from LanParte

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263345134256?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Np3FwNEFTPi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=BIfCNK4-Rsm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=WHATS_APP

which one did you get from Proaim?

5 hours ago, Heikki Repo said:

I have the same product as Dirk and I'm also very happy with it! (Heavy Eclair ACL kit closer to 10 kg on it)

Which ACL are you using it with? The ACL 1, 1.5, 2 have different vertical dimensions between the base bottom and the lens axis. The ACL 1 may be too short and the 2 is definitely too tall, but the 1.5 may be close to correct. So the matte box will line up for ACL 1.5? 

The 19mm rod clamps are integral, fixed, but the 15mm clamps could be adjusted up with a spacer. 

It would be useful to know the vertical distance from the face of the base plate to the 19mm rod axis. Perhaps one could measure with a vernier from base plate face to the inner surface of that rod clamp.

You can see the Arri reference drawing showing relative positions of rods to lens axis here. Does anyone know where the  Arri base plates sit in that drawing (the top face)..?

https://thecinelens.com/2014/01/27/iris-rods-a-simple-explanation/

Gregg.

If you mount the camera and measure from th

12 hours ago, Gregg MacPherson said:

Please ignore that string of discarded text after I signed off...

Heikki, maybe some basic info about this Proaim CH-DTPQ-01 unit could go onto the Eclai forum. Solving the iris rod height well for ACL can be tricky and this Proaim one may give some useful options.

Gregg.

I don't use this plate for 15mm rods - instead I have the rod bridge base from Les Bosher that goes between my ACL "1.5" and this plate. I have been planning to use 19mm rods for adding a V-mount battery in the back though.

49 minutes ago, Heikki Repo said:

I don't use this plate for 15mm rods - instead I have the rod bridge base from Les Bosher that goes between my ACL "1.5" and this plate. I have been planning to use 19mm rods for adding a V-mount battery in the back though.

With the ACL 1.5, do you know the vertical height from the 19mm rod centre to the lens axis..?  Do you know the vertical height of the lens axis on the 1,5 (measured to the bottom of the base).

I might start a thread about this bridge plate on the Eclair forum. The 19mm rods could give really stiff support for very big lenses.

I messaged the Proaim sales guys asking re the the vertical distance from the face of the bridge plate to the 19mm rod axis.. This is probably copying the dimension from an Arri bridge plate.

947376923_proaimCH-DTPQ-01.jpg.9be786a0e4520ee1356abac94349146e.jpg